Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Ability to generate mail merged emails

Cover User

1Posts

80Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

We'd like to set up a reminder letter for overdue accounts, but would prefer to 'mail merge' within an email (as opposed to a word attachment).

Is it possible? We are on Accountright 2013 Live Accounts.

ThanksSmiley Happy

'Mail Merge for emails"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your excellent suggestion. I can certainly see how the 'create personalised letters' function would be much more useful if the letters created could be emails. Could anyone who would like to see this feature in future updates, please cast there votes here.

28 Comments
ElyseHeatShop
1 Post
User

Was just looking for the same information. Hopefully we see something soon.

PeterC1956
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I totally agree - our customers are petrol stations such as BP, Caltex etc approx 1800 sites and to be able to send a bulk email to them rather than having to set up email groups in outlook and add in each customer would be such a time saver.

Karent
3 Posts
Cover User

Would like to be able to send bulk emails at Christmas to let our customers know when we operate over xmas with out having to use outlook lists that we have to set up manually.

HTH-accts
1 Post
Cover User

Yes totally agree. A bulk email feature within AccountRight would be a time saver. Specially for advising store hours during holiday period and sending urgent communication that is sometimes required.  

barlinb
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I need to send out email letters to customers also, but not to all customers. I need to be able to select customer groups or select from the list as per emailing statements.

Kbrown86
2 Posts
Cover User

Yes, Bulk email is needed! We need to send Bulk emails multiple times a year for Christmas Closure, Price increases etc. 

It is a very time consuming task at the moment! 

There is a mail merge option.... why not an email merge option!? 

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

What we do is create a new invoice and delivery docket templates with Christmas/seasons greetings and our closure dates so that every invoice we print from say mid-Nov onwards uses this "Xmas" invoice and delivery docket template form.

Linda09
2 Posts
User

I have tried to mail merge our reminder letter to word and there is no customer content in the letter. 

I have a message - This feature requires microsoft work. A compatiable version was not found on the computor,

Has MYOB updated something so that our version of word is no longer compatiable. How do I fix this?

Also being able to email tem would be great.