Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Business Insights: Export the raw data directly

Experienced Cover User

26Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

I would like to be able to import the data to a spread sheet for the income, expenses graph so I can hae a continuous plot of this graph of an extended period of more than 3 years.

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: June 2015

Hi @Davis

Thank you for the update. Business Insights is designed to show the users key points of data using graphs/charts and tables.  It's not designed to show the actual raw data so that it can be sent to Excel. You would need to manually run the required reports and send these to Excel if required.

This may be something that our developers consider further down the track.  Having said that I thank you for sharing your idea in regards to AccountRight and the Business Insights window.

3 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Davis

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and in particular the Business Insights window.

All the data that is found in the Business Insights can be pulled through from reports or multiple reports. Once you have found where the information is getting pulled from/or getting the information into a suitable format you can export the chosen report to Excel.

For example you mentioned the Income and Expense Graphs, these are pulled from the Reports>>Profit and Loss  Multi period report. It is basically the report for the full financial year, with the report level being Level 1. You can then send that report to Excel using the drop down report file menu Export to Excel. For more information into Help Article: Saving reports in other formats 

Davis
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes you are correct but you have to manipulate the date with calculation to get the same figures you guys use.  I have already done this but it would be much easier if I could pull the figures calculated in myob.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Davis

Thank you for the update. Business Insights is designed to show the users key points of data using graphs/charts and tables.  It's not designed to show the actual raw data so that it can be sent to Excel. You would need to manually run the required reports and send these to Excel if required.

This may be something that our developers consider further down the track.  Having said that I thank you for sharing your idea in regards to AccountRight and the Business Insights window.