Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Customer - Aged Receivables Analysis

Contributing Cover User

9Posts

31Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

You have previously suggested that if we want the Analyse Receivables feature to be added to AR2012, then we need to create a new thread. Here it is.

What we have now is nothing like what was in V19. We want it back so that when we click on an amount in the overdue month a new screen opens with a list of all unpaid invoices and the number of days they are overdue, not a list of all transactions dating back to 206.

"Analyse Receivables"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2016

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2014.1, the Aged Receivables window can be accessed showing the outstanding invoices for a customers using the arrow next to the Balance field in the top left.

For more information please see AccountRight 2014.1 now available

13 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I'd think that a better way to go would be Sales Reconciliation report. analyse is a very broard brush - the rec report is onlt goint to look at Open Invoices.

Ron

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
We are planning to enhance v2012 with an improved ability to analyse receivables and payables in a future release. I would love to hear of any improvements we could make when doing this over and above what v19 was capable of.
carmen
Partner
62 Posts
Partner

Good morning Team,

I was just testing sending Invoice and Activity To be Emailed statements. Prior to sending the statements I zoomed into the customer account, clicked on the A/R Balance and the FULL accounts receivables report came up!!  I only wanted the report for that customer. 

In V19.7 the Customer Details report came up but you also had the option of selecting the full Summary report.

Apart from the Accounts Receivables report displaying you can't zoom into any of the accounts. 

Also in Business Insights could we get overall totals in Aged Receivables

Thank you

Carmen Geeves

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I agree totally - I used Analyse Receivables and payables on an almost daily basis when I was chasing accounts or wanting to know what people owed  or what I owed - what we get now is useless. When you go from a debtors report, you should see what makes up the amount owed - not a find transactions screen with everything. I have just looked at an aged debtors report - and wanted to determine which invoices were outstanding to send the correctly dated statement - but I can't determine that. The detail report is too long by the way.

Bumper
Partner
50 Posts
Partner

You should also be able to print the detailed report. (ie all owing payemnts extended out on the reprot)

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

In v19, if you went to a customer card and clicked on the A/R Balance arrow, you were presented with the csutomer's detailed receivables list.

In AR 2013, the same process gives you the A/R Summary.  This is not logical if you are requesting information from a customer card.  I hope this can be changed in an upcoming update as it is quite annoying.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

I suspect @Geejay meant the 'Analyse Receivables' functionality

That is an existing "new idea" that can be found on this link Analyse Receivable; I suggest that you add your comments and vote for it.

Its status is "Planned" and I look forward to its implementation.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

No, I didn't mean Analyse Receivables.  If you are in a customer card and you click on the A/R Balance arrow, you should see a list of that customers outstanding invoices, not a summary of what everybody owes.

I relation to the Analyse Receievable link referred to, I note that it was planned enhancement for v2012.  We are now at v2013.5, so no doubt MYOB do not think it is a priority.

Geejay
Experienced Partner
61 Posts
Experienced Partner

Thank you Matthew.  I have voted my support to that idea.

I do believe my post is different.  The function I am referring to is already there in v2013, but it does not work correctly.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi @Geejay the section that you were brought to in v19 when you clicked on the customers balance was the Analyse Receivables section, this section and how it works has been changed in 2011 onwards so what you're suggesting is certainly part of that idea. You can comment on it with the specifics of returning details of the transactions from the Customer Card's balance amount to make sure that it is part of it this change when we make it. I'm sorry for not being clearer in my original message about this.