Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Employee - Ability to set name as default pay memo

Super Partner

326Posts

118Kudos

49Solutions

326 Posts
Super Partner
Australia

When processing pays in previous versions I would add employee name in memo field and this would remember this preference for subsequent pays. This memo field displays in the bank reconciliation and is also helpful in GL accounts when searching for transactions by particular employees. Default memo in AR2012 is pay employee I think and not helpful especially if lots of employees receive the same pay. Thanks

"Add Employee Name to memo in Process Payroll"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020.3 allows the user to set a default memo for an employee's pay via the Standard Pay: Memo section of the relevant employee's card.

18 Comments
livlee
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have had the same complaint then I found out if you go into the standard pay section of the employees file you can enter whatever you like to show up in the memo.  It is a little time consuming at first but once set up it works great!!

Dale
MYOB Staff
43 Posts
MYOB Staff
As mentioned by livlee this can be acheievd today by changing the memo for the statdard pay on the employee card. Perhaps a nice future enhancement we could consider is if you override the memo during the payroll to give the option of automatically updating this on the employee card so that from that time on it is used for all future pays.
HV
2 Posts
Cover User

When processing pays, the Payee text box comes up with Address Line 1. This Address Line 1 then shows up on Payroll reports which lookd strange and is obviously incorrect.

I would appreciate some assistance with this. Thank you. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi HV,

A very warm welcome to the MYOB Community Forum. I hope you find this to be a useful tool.

I understand you are experiencing issues with the Payroll reports not showing the Employee names. As suggested in the previous comments on this post, one of the workarounds to correct this is to go to the Employee's Card >> Payroll Details tab >> Standard Pay >> Type in the employee's name in the Memo field. 

Something else that you could try is to go to Setup >> Preferences >> Banking tab >> untick the preference to 'Display Payee rather, than Memo in Registers'. 

I hope this helps. Please do let us know how you go with this. Could you also please confirm the version of the software that you are currently using. This can be checked under Help >> About AccountRight.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

RebeccaKlein
1 Post
Cover User

I had the same issue, with the employees address showing. So I updated the cards, with their names in the Memo box and then unticked the 'display payee' box in the preferences.

Now it is coming up with Pay Employee for everyone.

Help!

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @RebeccaKlein 

Once you've enter employees name in their card > payroll details > standard pay > memo, it will automatically fill in the memo field with their names in future pay runs. 

However it does not change the memo in past pay runs, "Pay Employee" would be the memo recorded in past payslips. While future pay runs would display correctly now on reports, for past pay runs they would need to be deleted and re-entered for this change to take effect.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience caused by this issue. Hopefully it will be updated in a future release.

Kind regards,

Clover

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Has this been fixed?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ASWatCR 

Currently as mentioned above to add in the employee's name to the memo you would need to add that into the Standard pay section.

However in saying that the idea is still Under Consideration. So we are still encouraging the MYOB Community that would like to see this idea implement to vote and comment for the idea if required.

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We have just switched over to AccountRight Plus AU 2015.3.17.3339.  

Maybe there's a logic to showing the first line of an address rather than the name of the payee (i.e. the employee), but it is unfathomable to me.  Why would anyone want the address rather than the employees name?

Switching to show the memo rather than the "payee" seems to be admitting that this is a glaring bug.    Curiously when we pay a reimbursement to an employee, MYOB does use the payee name in the reports.  

WORKAROUND:  The best workaround seems to me to be to add the employee name as the first line of the address box and deal with the consequences of that.    If the export/import is used it shouldn't be too painful to switch these over before running out the PAYG summaries so it doesn't look like amatuer hour with duplicated names.   

IDEA:  Please fix this on the next upgrade. 

Thank you.

tjejojyj
Trusted Cover User
71 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We have just switched over to AccountRight Plus AU 2015.3.17.3339.  

Maybe there's a logic to showing the first line of an address rather than the name of the payee (i.e. the employee) but it is unfathomable to me.  Why would anyone want the address rather than the employees name?

The advice to switch to show the memo rather than the "payee" seems to be admitting that this is a glaring bug.   

Curiously when we pay a reimbursement to an employee MYOB does use the payee name in the reports. 

IDEA:  Please fix this on the next upgrade. 

WORKAROUND:  The best workaround seems to me to be to add the employee name as the first line of the address box and deal with the consequences of that.    If the export/import is used it shouldn't be too painful to switch these over before running out the PAYG summaries so it doesn't look like amatuer hour with duplicated names.