Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Employee - Ability to set name as default pay memo

Super Partner

326Posts

118Kudos

49Solutions

326 Posts
Super Partner
Australia

When processing pays in previous versions I would add employee name in memo field and this would remember this preference for subsequent pays. This memo field displays in the bank reconciliation and is also helpful in GL accounts when searching for transactions by particular employees. Default memo in AR2012 is pay employee I think and not helpful especially if lots of employees receive the same pay. Thanks

"Add Employee Name to memo in Process Payroll"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020.3 allows the user to set a default memo for an employee's pay via the Standard Pay: Memo section of the relevant employee's card.

18 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @tjejojyj

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea and providing the MYOB Community the workaround that has worked for you. 

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner

When processing pays in version 19 a lot of my clients would add notes in the memo field and this would save and be there when processing the next periods payroll for each employees subsequent pay.

This memo field displayed in the bank reconciliation(or it used too) and is also helpful in reports when searching for particular notes or transactions.

Default memo in AR2015 is pay employee I think and not helpful especially if lots of employees receive the same pay.

It seems the common fix for this is to enter a default memo in the standard pay area of each employee's card but this does not help those who use notes or something different each week.

If you agree everyone please Vote for change!

Thanks

RokkEbony
2 Posts
Cover User

In the previous myob when processing payroll you could change the memo whilst processing a pay and it will save/update everytime.  

With the latest myob the memo remains the same as what you put into their standard pay.   

Will you bring this back into the new myob?

manning
Partner
120 Posts
Partner

payroll.png

Could MYOB please change the above so that the Memo is cleared after each pay run is complete.  Currently it repeats an old input memo every pay run.

Sasueusa
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Yeah - that would be good, but you should be able to switch it on or off so that, if you want the memo to update it does, otherwise it reverts to the standard memo.  Sasueusa

Jan_WAS
Experienced Partner
14 Posts
Experienced Partner
I have a client I recently converted from Classic V1914 to AccountRight 2017. This client has a payroll of over 200 employees with most of them being casuals. In Classic the memo would populate from the previous week or time that they worked. In AccountRight the memo goes back to the date started or bland or when first they went onto AccountRight. They have to manually type each memo which is very time consuming and not a good UX. It looks like AccountRight is populating the memo information from a different field to what was being used in Classic.
HarryF7
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We have just swapped over from v19 to 2018 and noticed that when we are processing payroll the default memo is pulled from the card set up instead of the previous payslip. In v19 it read the same as the last payslip which was useful for employees who were changing over time, or to keep up with the week or month being paid.  While we can update these individually, it is very time consuming to regularly make these changes. If there was an option that could be selected so the memo could reda the same as the previous payslip that would be most helpful.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020.3 allows the user to set a default memo for an employee's pay via the Standard Pay: Memo section of the relevant employee's card.