Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Employee - Reinstate entitlements after termination date remove

Experienced Partner

38Posts

170Kudos

0Solutions

38 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia
New
New

I have had a number of calls from clients that have inadvertently entered a termination date into an employee card prior to having actually processed the final termination pay usually when the annual leave due is paid as a separate payroll payment.  Now I fully understand that a warning is shown telling the client that entitlement balances will be cleared when they enter a termination date.

If the termination date is removed after having been previously entered/accepted, the balances in the employee card in the payroll details/entitlements tab "Carry Over" are reinstated to the balance at the end of the last financial year, however no entitlement movements for the current financial year are reinstated.  What has happended is the clients have in each cases then gone back to reprint the last pay advice in the system, which now shows the YTD entitlement balance as the carry over amount from the employee card, not the balance including the current year entitlement movements.

What I'd like to see is if a temination date is removed, that either ALL entitlement data - including year to date movements as well as carry over amounts are reinstated, or NOTHING be reinstated, so that the balance shows as NIL.

'Reinstatement of entitlements - when terminated"