Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Employee - Standard Pay don't automatically refresh when wages changes are made

13Posts

39Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Partner
Australia

I use timesheets that are imported into MYOB Premier.  Prior to 1.7.14 we were using Powerpay and importing into that.

I don't use Base Hourly or Base Salary as I have a mixture of casual and full time staff so I have my own payroll items set up and have done so for years.  Obviously it was simpler process to carry the old Powerpay items into Premier.  

I have a problem when when changing an employee's base-hourly rate.  The number of hours per week (which I've now had to set to 1 for every employee as a safeguard as it won't let me put in zero), re-populate into the standard pay line.  If this isn't checked and taken back to zero, then a standard pay will be added to whatever imported hours are paid.  In some instances, an employee hasn't worked a particular week but because there was a 'standard pay' set up, he got paid.

I've missed correcting this auto population for a couple of junior staff members when base rate was increased for birthdays.  One of them still had 15hrs per week as his base number of hours.  He has now been overpaid to the tune of $2,000!!! as it wasn't picked up, even by him as he's been unwell and thankfully, not really used his bank account much.

Coming from using Powerpay where I didn't have to double check what was imported into it, I want to put in a formal request to have at least the automatic repopulation of standard pay stopped.  Perhaps if some actually like to use it and want to keep it, maybe it could be done as an option rather than automatic.  It would safeguard those who import timesheets.  I don't want to have to try and use base hourly as it will throw everything else out.

Hopefully this is something that can be considered for a future update.  Obviously not to Premier but to Accountright, which I plan to take this client across to shortly.

I'm happy to chat on the phone with someone further if more clarification is required.

Thanks for you time.  Hopefully a fix can be made Smiley Happy

Lisa Conley

Rangeview Bookkeeping Solutions

Bookkeeper Partner

0402 907 394

"Payroll and Standard Pay"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @bizzibizzigirl. Could anyone else who would like to see the auto-refresh of standard pay when updating hourly rates removed, please cast your vote here.

28 Comments
trioplumb
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I cant believe this is still under consideration . Still in Account Right,  standard pays refresh after a wages change and also affects any standard items such as reimbursements that are setup. 

I would hate to have a really large payroll as this is such a pain, especially when payroll changes are made for apprentices on anniversary dates or individual wage negotiations at various times of the year.

Please make this an option rather than standard 

kind regards

...Jennifer

NikkiParsons
Partner
262 Posts
Partner

Hi

I would like MYOB to consider ensuring that a standard pay (set hours etc) do not default back to 38 hours when an employee gets a pay rise. If an employee is working full time there's little need for standard pay for most of the time; having it default back to 38 hours from a pay rise is extremely time consuming given the 'standard' hasn't changed, only the hourly rate.

Thank you

bizzibizzigirl
Partner
13 Posts
Partner

Please stop or offer a choice to auto-populate the Standard Pay with the weekly hours.  Some of us import from time clocks and have customised pay items and we don't use Base Salary or Base Hourly but are forced to select it.  Anytime a change to a wage rate is done, the Standard Pay is auto-populated again.  If one forgets to go back and clear it, an overpayment is made.  I've asked for this previously.  Please make the change.  It would also be good to not have to select Base Hourly or Base Salary - we don't all require that much hand holding!

FreedomTas
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have read through threads regarding zeroing off base hourly and standard weekly hours to 0.001, which is what I currently do.

Over the years,  I had employees, who is casual, want a pay slip that shows their annual years earnings.

I have a workforce of 85 employees and all but 5 are employed on a casual basis, and checking every individual timesheet and standard pay is tiresome. Why doesn't MYOB consider unlocking the base hourly category so users aren't forced to tick it, or not allow the standard pay to adjust everytime you make a wages change??

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We have this problem with Deputy timesheets.

It has cost us an absolute fortune. MYOB says ' oh you just have to adjust it' after every single payroll change or new staff member. Easy to say; hard to remember, because it is idiotic.

Why can't we set the number of hours in a full time working week to 0?

Why can't we exempt casual staff from standard pay? What casual staff get standard pay?

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Most definitely I would support this! I almost double-paid our employees today because I was in a rush! And we don't import timesheets or use a third party. All I did was change hourly rates due to the award increase.

At the very least, there should be a warning saying something like "The standard pay saved for this employee is about to be changed. Please confirm yes or no. " Or "Please check the standard pay for this employee as it has just been changed".

Why would AccountRight assume that a change to a standard pay should be made in the background? Such an action is fraught with danger.

MattF
4 Posts
Cover User

At least prompt the user that the standard pay will change. This is dangerous and causes unnecessary complications. 

katlouhen
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, this REALLY need to be changed.

Chuck_Mak
Partner
103 Posts
Partner

Does clicking the thumbs up button mean I have voted for this idea?

SueSSA
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

I agree for those using Time Sheets, but for others with a large number of employees this could mean alot of work.  Can it be a switch that can be toggled on or off?