Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Ability to set head office cards/accounts

MHS
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

25Posts

705Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

One feature that is lacking from MYOB is the abillity to have a Head Office account so multiple customers can have their invoices combined onto one statement. 

for example one of our customers is a chain of hardware stores currently we use one account (ABC Hardware - head office)  to invoice the store in the PO# we put the PO # Town it would be much simpler if we could have an account for each store (much easier when looking at their history) that is then charged back to the Head Office account and will appear on one statement easily identified by our customer as PO # Town   Inv #

Hope this make sense Smiley Happy 

"Customer Cards - Head Office Accounts"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2014

Thanks for the idea MHS. I can certainly understand having the ability to link cards to a head office card could make reporting and invoicing an easier process. As Nic-Acc-addons mentioned there are some 3rd party programs that may suit your current requirements. To have this type of functionality added to the software, we would love to hear what other users think.

41 Comments
RossGo
2 Posts
Cover User

Can we have multiple customers on one statement. I have a company that has many stores New Zealand wide and I would like them separate so they are easy to find within the company file, but I would like to combine them on 1 statement as all the accounts go to the same place. I don't want to be sending 50 odd statements for each individual store, but I still want to be able to track sales for each individual store.

Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Hi MHS,

We at Accounting Addons have created an Head Office/Store solution which allows you to invoice at the store and the solution takes care of synchronising much of the info against a Head Office card.

It also handles the receipt of payments and applies it against the store.

The data is all contained through MYOB, as such, you don't need to fiddle with external info. You simply need to identify the store cards, the head office cards and how they match.

I recommend you email Jeff, my boss, if you are interested further.

You can find us at http://accountingaddons.com.au.

Best of luck

Nicolas Emmerich

Lead developer at Accounting Addons.

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the idea MHS. I can certainly understand having the ability to link cards to a head office card could make reporting and invoicing an easier process. As Nic-Acc-addons mentioned there are some 3rd party programs that may suit your current requirements. To have this type of functionality added to the software, we would love to hear what other users think.
Alison_Anigo
Experienced Partner
14 Posts
Experienced Partner

Hi MHS,

This topic caught my interest as here at Anigo Systems, we develop some software called Mobileezy which also contains a head office feature.  This feature is very similar to that described by Nicolas at Accounting Add Ons.

Using Mobileezy linked to your MYOB file, you can associate branch office and head office cards together and when sales are created to the branch office in Mobileezy, the invoice is raised to the head office automatically, allowing you to send full statements of all branch office activities to the head office.

If you'd like more information, check us out at the add-on solutions section or email usat info@anigo.com.au

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Alison Bennett

Plasticman
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

As our major customer has over 700 stores, this idea caught our eye.  We invoice to the head office however at the moment, we need to have all the stores individually recorded.  Surely it cant be that hard to link these by a common field with MYOB?

We are not interested in adding more software when we have multiple users and our system needs to be very simple.  I gather MYOB is not interested in adding this feature.....?????

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your feedback @Plasticman

I understand that you would prefer to see these changes made to the AccountRight software so that you can easily handle invoices involving Head Offices.

As @Barry_C mentioned we would love to see interest from more users so that our developers can consider this change in AccountRight software. The suggestions by third party developers are great for customers who are comfortable using an Add-On with their AccountRight software. 

Mike
3 Posts
User

This seems a simple thing to implement but will have a major effect on usability. We desperately need it and would prefer not to use add ons where possible.

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff

Thanks for your feedback on this, Mike and thank you for adding your vote. The votes are how we see the demand for the feature being added and know where we need to focus our attention first.

tcphh
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi

I used to be able to save invoices as a pdf to a folder, then open my email browser attach and send to multiple emails, but with your program you can only save a max of 5 addresses per customer. Can this be changed to about 20 email addresses per customer as some of my customers require invoices to be sent to there branches first then they send a purchase order for invoice then I send to there accounts dept

Hope you can fix this

Pat

vincentzh
5 Posts
User

I just started a new job n now using account edge the mac version. I used to use SAP n always had customers with multiple locations grouped under 1 account. It makes sending statements a lot easier, and  saves time when applying payments as you only get 1 payment when those customers pay.

Was confident myob would have similar functionality but surprised to find it's not supported. I strongly recommend myob make this function available, as this would be handy for most of the users these days.