Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Add Last Sales date column

1Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
User
Australia

I have recently undertaken the task of sorting through our Customer Account List to filter through inactive Customers and Customers that may not have used us in sometime which may require a courtesy call to drum up business or alternatively close their Account.

Our Customer Account Card listing has been neglected for quite some time and we have amassed some 2,800 Customer Cards. I thought a simple approach would be to check the Last Sale Date for each Card to assess last usage of our services.  

Creating a Spread Sheet I have listed all Clients and proceeded to try find a way to export/View all Clients 'Last Sale Date' in an easy to read format rather than opening each Client Card, Selecting History Tab etc then closing and reopening the next card 2,800 times..

Im sure this would be a handy addition (especially in this instance) and considering the 'Last Sale Date' Field has already been created surely linking it to a report would be a minor programming task.

Cheers

"Last Sale Date"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.3 comes for a new Card List Search functionality, As part of this feature allows the user to add in the Last Sale Date (or Last Purchase Date) to the Card List window - Last Sale/Purchase field. If required you can add in the filters or sort via that column.  You can also right click and select to Copy to Clipboard to paste it into Excel or Word/NotePad.

You can find more information into this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available

7 Comments
TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

I would like this idea to be extended to Supplier Cards where a user is able to access the 'Last Purchase' date.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

We are in development of an exciting new feature in AccountRight that will allow the search to cards. As part of this feature will be the ability to add in the Last Sales/Purchase date. You will also be able to export out the results of that search.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.3 comes for a new Card List Search functionality, As part of this feature allows the user to add in the Last Sale Date (or Last Purchase Date) to the Card List window - Last Sale/Purchase field. If required you can add in the filters or sort via that column.  You can also right click and select to Copy to Clipboard to paste it into Excel or Word/NotePad.

You can find more information into this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available

DT
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Steven_M                     

Is this feature available in AccountRight Premier v19.13 (latest), as I can't seem to find it.  I also need to sort through our customer cards for those who haven't purchase in the last 2 years.

Thanks

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @DT

Sorry my post wasn't that clear, I've have updated it to be more so.

The new Card List search feature is available in AccountRight 2016.3, and not included in the AccountRight Classic range. If you are using the AccountRight Classic range and are looking to take advantage of this feature you will need to look at upgrading to AccountRight 2016.3 - Help Article: Upgrade to the new AccountRight would be able to assist with that process.

Please note that if you are using multiple currencies, negative inventory or locations in AccountRight Classic that we recommend you stay with AccountRight Classic at this time - these feature are currently not available in AcountRight 2016.

JanetteK
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

This is only partially implemented - you can see it on the screen, but you still cannot get the last sale date in a report - so now read further - the export to excel helps where you have a person who is familiar with excel and can format the print - not so good for those who have warehouse staff who can print myob, but not use excel - but a step in the right direction

JanetteK
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

so just read about the right click to clipboard on a screen list - great feature!