Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Designation default to be Individual not Company

Experienced Cover User

46Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Most of our Customers are individual so everytime I create a new customer (multiple times a day) I have to manually change the Designation. An opportunity to set Individual as the default would be an advantage

"Re: Change from Company to Individual as default on Customer card information"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi @WattsBros

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and card designation. 

Currently the AccountRight 201x program will default to Company. I would encourage users that would like to see the last remember setting or always default to Individual to vote and comment if required for this idea.

37 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @WattsBros

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and card designation. 

Currently the AccountRight 201x program will default to Company. I would encourage users that would like to see the last remember setting or always default to Individual to vote and comment if required for this idea.

Snapas
6 Posts
Cover User

Company or Individual?  At least have V19's last use of type stay there.  I rarely need a Company in particularly sales.  

Goolie63
2 Posts
Cover User

I too would like to be able to change the default. It was my default in AccountRight v19. Please allow this default to be changed. It is only a minor issue but as previously said if you are creating multiple customers every day it is one thing less you have to worry about.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Goolie63

Thank you for your feedback, I have passed your comments onto the team. 

All other users that would like to see this changed in a future upgrade please comment and vote on this idea.  

ClothNappyPlace
1 Post
Cover User

Yes absolutely. All my customers are individuals and the default to company is driving me nuts. I'd previously been using AccountEdge for many years and I did not experience this issue. 

SharynB
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes, Please. It would make things so much easier.

DerekM
Experienced Cover User
42 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We would appreciate that too!

BlitzBooks
6 Posts
Cover User

I am so glad to see that there are now other votes and comments. In v19, it didn't really matter what the default was, because it was always just show whatever you used last. In my case, that was 'individual' but in rare cases it was 'company' and i would have to change it back. Now that I always have to change it, it drives me crazy!

Even if the default has to remain 'company', could we at least have a keyboard shortcut to change it? When you tab into that field, no keyboard strokes do anything. You have to drop down with the mouse. This is annoying and time consuming.

Thanks for your consideration!

PeterBestWA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, please allow an option to Remember Last or to select the business deault.

Clairey
2 Posts
Cover User

I would also like it to be changed everytime I add a new customer I have to go and manually change it instead of being able to just hit add like we used to! Please change