Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Designation default to be Individual not Company

Experienced Cover User

46Posts

66Kudos

0Solutions

46 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Most of our Customers are individual so everytime I create a new customer (multiple times a day) I have to manually change the Designation. An opportunity to set Individual as the default would be an advantage

"Re: Change from Company to Individual as default on Customer card information"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2015

Hi @WattsBros

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and card designation. 

Currently the AccountRight 201x program will default to Company. I would encourage users that would like to see the last remember setting or always default to Individual to vote and comment if required for this idea.

37 Comments
Tom_Hatfield
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

All of our clients are individuals, not a company, and in version 19+ we were able to set the default for new cards to be individual rather than company.

It seems that in 2016 version this is no longer possible.

As I have to add up to 50 new clients each month this is a small but very irrating change that should be fixed in an upcoming update.

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, being able to change the default to individual would be beneficial to me as well. Very rarely have Company customers.

kindy3
Experienced Cover User
41 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When you open a new card file for a customer it automatically assumes Company, when 99% of my new customers are individuals.

When you open a new card file for a customer it automatically assumes mail invoice when I email 99% of my invoices.

Can you please allow us to personalise these fields (and probably many more that I don't use)?  Thanks.

Speld
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This would be a good addition.

In AccountRight Plus v19, an customer (or any card file ) could be 'Easy Added' by typing last name comma first name and the card would be created as an Individual.

I've just recently upgraded to Account Right 2017 but am already missing this feature from the last version I was using.

Hollysch
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, most of our customers are individuals and it is annoying having to manually switch from Company to Individual every time I create a new card (multiple times a day). I have liked the orignal comment, is there another way to vote to have this changed or is that all I can do to support this idea? Thank you.

FiMac
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes please, we would also like the option to Remeber Last or select a Designation default.

turman2001
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if MYOB had a adanced user setup where you can adjust some feature to be more custom.

Advanaced setup items like:

recurring transactions, setting default settings, ie weekly instead of monthly?

New Customer setup, default to indididual instead of company

Copycat
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Just upgrated from Accountright 19.5 were customer designation was 'remembered' but in 2017 I need to change this EVERYTIME I set a new customer.  Why would developers assume that customers will be companies??  This should be a simple set up in preferences.  Just another reason why 'upgrading' is not really upgrading!!

Hollysch
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I support this, I would love to be able to set it to individual as well.

Copycat
Experienced Cover User
44 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I support this suggestion - all my cleints are individuals and either a default or a 'remember last setting' (not only on this field) would be a huge improvement.  This was the case in AR 19.5, so not sure why it was removed.