Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
Tash1962
1 Post
User

My partner used the search by address all the time. He is an electrican and has lots of clients so the search by address was great for locating customers for him.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Tash1962,

Thank you for your vote and comment.

We do agree having this feature would make things a lot easier for a lot of our clients, and we do appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Anyone else who would like to see this idea implemented, please cast your vote by clicking on the '+ VOTE' option next to the subject heading.

Cheers,

Tallie

nzplumba
1 Post
Cover User

The search address function needs to be there as a busy plumber i often note the address but have bad memory for names so need to check name agaist address often.

please get this sorted as soon as possible. I am starting to reget buying myob i think zero is now looking a better option and has far more functionality. also seems to run far better on the avaerage users computer where myob constantly freezes

Samantha203
1 Post
Cover User

Please when will MYOB put this feature back.  Its so frustrating not being able to search anymore for addresses.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @nzplumba & @Samantha203

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this particular idea.

Currently this idea has been placed Under Consideration. At this stage we are unable to advise when this particular idea will be added to the AccountRight 201x range. However we are still encouraging clients to vote and comment if required for this idea.

KerryM
8 Posts
Cover User

I've posted a separate question regarding a similar issue (pasted below).  Search options definitely need to be updated.  Downgraded search paramater options when UPGRADING a programme seems counterintuitive.  Smiley Sad

"In previous versions of Premier search options would automatically have an expanded range.  For example, searching for a phone number wouldn't just search the Phone Number 1, but all three.  I find it increasingly frustrating when you search a phone number of a spouse for example,  and it doesn't show in the search because the first number in the Card File is the "Other Half " and the only one the search recognises. 

PLEASE upgrade this function to include ALL phone numbers, as it used to!"

@TonyLane - added to this thread as requested.
Bel66_2015
3 Posts
Cover User

I agree fully with bringing back the full search facilities that were in the older versions.  We too relied heavily on being able to search by both name, address and/or phone number.  I am continually frustrated by the lack of ability to do this and having to go back to the old version just to find a customer.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @KerryM

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button to the left of idea's name.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Bel66_2015

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. 

You mentioning searching cards by phone numbers, as has been mentioned previously you can search via phone number of the Card List. To do this go to Card file>>Cards Lists>>Highlight a record in the table (not the first one) and select SHIFT + CTRL + F. This will bring up the advance search option in which you can enter in values and it will search for any record within that window. As Phone Number is a column on that report if you enter in a phone number it will search that number on a card.

Jude6673
3 Posts
Cover User

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Why can't I search by address? Try telling your boss you just can't do it when an iPhone can. So frustrating. Please bring it back.