Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
Mermaid
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I really need these search functions we have over 5000 customer cards as we are a service business. It was very frustrating this morning trying to find a customer as my techncian can remember the job address but not the clients name/details and customers do not realise how big our customer base is so they do not always give enough information for us to locate them, actually I have not removed Standard 19 from the computer so I used the old version to locate the customer but I can't keep doing this. Really disapointed in MYOB account right so far. I use the card search functions every day and usually the address search or suburb search is my first option.  Don 't get me started on the new format for the invoicing! just hopeless, wish we hadn't upgraded, all the features we need are no longer available Smiley Sad

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Mermaid

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your comments with the team.

Trojon
1 Post
Cover User

I'd just like to add another voice to this topic.  I simply don't understand how you can remove a feature in anupgrade.  It needs to be fixed.

YvetteD
5 Posts
Cover User

I'm seriously going nuts with a lack of address search feature.

It's hard to explain to on site staff why you used to be able to give them the information  but can't now.

I see people have been complaining about it since 2013 - are there enough votes yet?

Alph
2 Posts
Cover User

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have upgraded too.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Can you please advise when we may get this function back?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Alph

Thank you for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Currently this idea has been marked as under consideration. At this stage we don't have a time frame for when this idea will be placed in development and implemented into the program. However are we still encouraging clients that would like to see this idea implemented to vote and comment if required. To vote for this idea (and others on the AccountRight Idea Exchange) select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

Sue_S
Contributing User
12 Posts
Contributing User

We have many farmers as customers. Many years ago we decided to record the farm name under the address so that we could easily search for the farmer if a payment was received in the name of the farm. Recently we upgraded to v21 and our system is wrecked. I guess the other option is a separate spreadsheet but the real question is, why did we lose such a useful feature? 

Sue

LisaZ
4 Posts
Cover User

We were advised that the search by address in the card file would be in the upgrade that was about November/December 2015,  this feature still hasn't been added.  Could you please put this search feature back in, as all our information for customers is searched by address, as that is where the work is carried out (and people don't always stay in the same house for a lifetime so searching by name and phone number is ineffective).

This is becoming very frustrating and MYOB is not an efficient system overall.  It takes more time which means costing more money to find and input data.

Please reinstall this feature sooner than later

LisaZ
4 Posts
Cover User

Also why do we need to vote for this feature to be reinstalled, when it was already in the existing versions?  As the saying goes 'If it is not broke, don't fix it'!!

YvetteD
5 Posts
Cover User

Any update on time frame for the return of  "search address" function.

Really very frustrating.