Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Sue_S@LisaZ and @YvetteD

Thank you all for your feedback and voting for this idea.

Currently this idea is something that we are still looking into for its possible inclusion in future updates to AccountRight Live range. At this stage we don't have a direct time frame or version number this will be implemented however we can certainly see the benefit for clients in this idea.

DanielLLG
Trusted Cover User
79 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I do work for body corporates we have to search by address,

Feeling let down and dissapointed i ever upgraded

LisaZ
4 Posts
Cover User

We NEED to search by address, this is becoming extremely frustrating, we were advised this feature was going to be reinstated in November!!!! So disappointed, should not have upgraded.

Can you advise WHEN the feature is to be available, surely we cant be the only business that has been affected.

gecko
3 Posts
Cover User

The older versions have allowed you to search the Card File by address, i can't find this option anymore.

it is frustrating having to pull a Report up of Card File by Address in excel and conduct a search this way, it is very time consuming.

Can this search option be re-instated? or is there an alternate way?

LisaZ
4 Posts
Cover User

We have been asking for this to be reinstated since October 2015.  Unfortunately we keep being given false hope with this feature being reinstalled.  Firstly it was in the next update, then by the end of November, then the middle of December, then after the Christmas / New Year break, then the next upgrade, then being told it isn't even in the list of things being amended and that whoever informed us gave us incorrect information, and last week no one could give any time frame at all !!!  This is a major feature that we rely on.  Can someone please sort this out urgently.  Again at this very moment I am talking to someone in tech support who has no information in regard to this feature.  He has advised me that he doesnt have direct access to development team and they handle this, but unfortunately they can not be contacted and I basically can try the Chat Room. 

gecko
3 Posts
Cover User

Thanks for your comment Lisa, hopefully the Development Team can action this sooner rather than later 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @gecko

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight.

I've merged it with this similar idea  already included on the AccountRight Idea Exchange.

MareeD1
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have just upgraded to AccountRight 2016.1 and now find the only card search is by name or postcode, where I used to be able to put in a street name or suburb.  This was invaluable when there was only some information available and we need to find a client record.  Someone may have remembered a job we did in a certain street or suburb and we then need to find that record.  We can find it by looking up a postcode for a suburb but that is very inconvenient!  Please re-instate this search facility!

Graffleigh
2 Posts
Cover User

I'd like to know if you will be doing anything about the poor search facility within MYOB account right in the near future.

Previous versions of Plus 19 had very good search results within the data base, from ph. numbers, first or last names and even suburbs to find the client or supplier you are looking for.

To find these people I've been opening an old Plus 19 file but this information is starting to get a little old now.

Please tell me you're working on it.

YvetteD
5 Posts
Cover User

Searching for Addresses etc

This facilty has been put on the back burner for way too long.

Its a requirement for running a business.

Can we have some REAL feedback on when its happening?