Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
richardh9935
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User

In summary, we need to search:

• Address
  • Email
  • Contact Name
  • Telephone number
  • Postcode - think you can already do this
  • MEMO fields
  • EVERY FIELD
richardh9935
Experienced Cover User
52 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB Development Team, 

You are so lucky that Xero hasn't provided searching for email addresses yet, or I'd be off to them in a flash.  However, there are signs they'll add this, soon.  Please hurry up.

Why do we want this?  Because we send out invoices by email address.  Therefore we expect to search for email addresses.

richard.

Rbadewitz
1 Post
Cover User

Is there any idea when the search by address feature will be re-introduced?

Such a valuable function - it's very disappointing to have upgraded and lost a feature I used each day....

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

This feature MUST be made available as it was in the Classic versions.

It is a basic requirement. 

It is over 3 years that the first request for this was posted - more than enough time.

David

IreneGasShop
3 Posts
User

We have just upgraded our MYOB Premier 19 to Live.  So happy to see that I am not the only one who is have problems with search for anything in the card file.

Please bring back the search option that we had in the previous version.  Seriously thinking of going back to the old system.  Working for a tradie, you need to be able to search by number, address etc which you cant do in the live version.  Please update!!!!!!

YvetteD
5 Posts
Cover User

6 months since I last expressed my absolute frustration ( not the first time either)  on not being able to search on street addresses. I have to go to an external system to do this ever since our upgrade.

And six months since the last, dare I say predictable response from MYOB " At this stage we don't have a direct time frame or version number this will be implemented however we can certainly see the benefit for clients in this idea"

DianneMcE
1 Post
Cover User

We rely heavily on the ability to be able to search cards by street address because most of our cards are in the name of a strata plan and we are often given jobs by street address not strata plan. I have to open my old Account Right version to search for cards and this is obviously not ideal.

IreneGasShop
3 Posts
User

Why is MYOB ignoring our requests to include search by address.  How hard can it be to return what was once there.  Its extremely difficult to find customers without the search by address function.  Come on MYOB, this is a urgent request.

Vickio
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please fix this ASAP. It is very frustrating not being able to search like we used to.

It also isn't "an exciting new feature" at all.  It is an old feature that should not have been left off!!

So it has been in development for over 6 months now?

Come on how hard can it be???

Vickio

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Vickio

Thanks for your feedback in regards to this particular idea

As mentioned we are in development of a new feature to the new AccountRight program that will allow for enhanced address and card searching. This will build on the search functionality of the AccountRight Classic and add in more advance options.  More information will be available closer to release the update once development has been finalised for this popular idea.