Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card File: Searching by street address

Cover User

3Posts

115Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User
New Zealand

We used to search cards by street address in v19.5 and no longer can on v2013 which we have just upgradedf to.

This is extremely frustrating as we relied heavily on it.

Please give this back to us asap

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: December 2016

Hi Everyone

Thank you all for your comments and voting for this particular idea.

I'm pleased to announce that with AccountRight 2016.3 an exciting new search feature for Cards has been introduced. This allows for the user to search the Card List window by street address, phone number, state and other fields (40+)

You can find out more information about this feature and how to obtain the update on AccountRight 2016.3 now available.

93 Comments
lleipold
1 Post
Cover User

Any advances on searching by address yet? Extremely frustrating when our techs on the road refer to our clients by address and we have to refer to by name as it looks extremely silly putting an address into the name field.....

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @lleipold 
Thanks for the feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and the ability to search cards by address. The development team are still investigating the searching of AccountRight to implement a change in future releases of the program. We currently don't have a timeframe for that release at this moment in time.

I would also recommend showing your support for this idea using the Vote button on the left hand side of the Idea's name.

Jennnick
7 Posts
Cover User

since updating the system i can no longer locate a customer name by the address.

i would like this function returned if possible so

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,923 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I need to search by phone number too. These were great functions in the old version - please bring them back!

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jenniek 

You can search for cards by phone number in the current version. To do this go to the card file command center and click card list. Type the  phone number in the search box and the software will filter the results to show only matches.

Regards

Liam
MYOB Support

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,923 Posts
Ultimate Partner

well well - so it does! I wasn't aware of this. What version did this come in?

Jennnick
7 Posts
Cover User

I do know you can search by phone number, and suburb. i really need street address

shimsham
1 Post
Cover User

Hi there,

I have upgraded to Account Right in the cloud, however the old system used to allow you to search for your clients from the Card File by address..... on the new system it doesnt appear that i can do this which is not much good to me......... Can someone help or is there a way to search our clients by address only and not name.

Cheers,

Sharon

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @shimsham 

Currently in AccountRight 2014 you can only search cards for information appearing on the screen. i.e. Name, Card ID, Phone number... You can do this via the Advance search option, which can be accessed via selecting into the table and selecting Shift + Ctrl + F on the keyboard. This will search for values on the screen - it works in other windows as well.

At the moment you are unable to search address of cards, if you did want to search an address I would recommend exporting your cards out - File>>Import and Export Assistant>>Export Data>>Cards and continuing through the process. This is going to generate a text file which you can then open in Excel, within Excel you can search the address. Once the address has been found you can look at the card name and then search that in AccountRight. I do understand that is a longer workaround and may not be feasible for some clients but currently that is the workaround I would be using.

EastsideElectri
4 Posts
Cover User

It would be great if we could do this as we were able to in the software version we had before and found it most helpful at times.