Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Card: Supplier - ABN lookup to indicate not registered for GST

Experienced Cover User

51Posts

49Kudos

0Solutions

51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi

When an ABN is entered on a supplier card, I get a green 'popup' in a couple of places to show that the ABN has been recorded and is a valid ABN.  It would be really handy if the popup were a different colour (other than green) if the ABN is not registered for GST.

Thanks.

Karen.

"ABN Popup"

4 Comments
ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Perhaps that is something that needs to be put to the Australian Business Register as the Register is not searchable by GST status.

RonB

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi Karen & Ron,

While we're talking about the ABN lookup, I'd like to see the lookup implemented in AccountRight Basic.

By law, businesses are supposed to lookup the ABN of businesses they make payments to where GST is part of the payment, however, as the Basics does not have a purchases module, you cannot record the ABN of your suppliers, even though you can save other details of your suppliers in this version.

These businesses don't need a full purchases module, but are still required to lookup and/or record the ABN registrations.

Now that would be an enhancement that would help MYOB justify their huge price hikes each year.

Regards,

Alan

JCS1
5 Posts
User

GST registered = Green

GST not registered = Orange

ABN not registered/existing/cancelled = Red

JCS1
5 Posts
User

ABN Status could be a lot more useful if it was visible when entering purchases. Also having a 3rd colour to differentiate between those registered for gst and those not.

i.e.

Green = ABN Current and registered for GST.

Purple = ABN Current and NOT registered for GST

Orange = ABN Cancelled or incorrect.