Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Ability to change card type ie. Customer to Supplier

Trusted User

230Posts

137Kudos

3Solutions

230 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand

When entering data say via Spend Money in AccountRight Standard v19 (or less) you can create the card as you go.  I have inadvertently on a number of occasions created a customer card instead of a supplier card, and transactions have been allocated to the card over the years automatically. On occasions I have picked this up and have just change the card-type without a hitch BUT in the 2012 version this cannot be done. I have just picked up another card in my data file that has the incorrect card type but this field is now greyed out.  Can we please be able to alter this field again.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your post and comments. I can understand the inability to change Card Types in the new AccountRight range can be frustrating. We request members to continue voting so our developers can see how many of you would like this change brought about.

33 Comments
Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Was this a card created before converting to the current version?

When creating a new card during transaction entry, the current program now defaults to the correct card type, ie Spend money > Supplier, and Receive money > Customer.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Haven't tried it with the new version - will let you know.  The problem I had with this was AR2011, and yes, then conversion cards (already created with data entry attached to them).

Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Hi, upgraded a client file today from Accounting Plus to AR Live. Software looking great.
Some Supplier cards had been created incorrectly as customer or employee cards and I did not seem to be able to change them using the drop down as it was greyed out and seemed locked. Is this right or am I doing something wrong? If this can't be changed could you please organise to fix this ASAP? Very important to be able to change the card type in the event that it was set up incorrectly. Thanks, Julia
Julia_Berkhout
Super Partner
326 Posts
Super Partner
Hi, Could I suggest that checking that all cards are correct before upgrading from V19 to AR2012.9 please be added to the upgrade instructions as a matter of urgency if this is not an easy fix? I had this same problem when upgrading a customers file yesterday. If I had if known I would have corrected the cards beforehand. Someone had entered a lot of Supplier cards incorrectly as both customer and employee cards and they can't be changed and as Julie explained the drop down is greyed out. Thanks, Julia
ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree with July_B

ecomluke
1 Post
Cover User

Hi,

I have this problem too. Is there any way that the customer types can be amended to the correct customer type?

MandyT
4 Posts
Cover User

Same from me also, I can't see that it would be a huge thing to fix. And I have only just started using the online version.  Thanks. Mandy 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for all your posts. 

I'm sorry about the delay in responding to the previous posts.

There has been a change in the card set up in the new AccountRight range, in that once a card has been created, the system does not allow you to change the card type (greys out the Cart Type field) .

However as was the case with our classic versions, once the card has had any transactions posted against it, the system will not allow changes to be made to the card.

The only exception to this used to be the ability to change a Customer Type card to Supplier (not vice versa) if the Customer Card only has Banking type transactions (no Sales).

Having said that, I've passed on your feedback to our Developers to look into this matter and consider changes in a future update. 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post and comments. I can understand the inability to change Card Types in the new AccountRight range can be frustrating. We request members to continue voting so our developers can see how many of you would like this change brought about.
jimel
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Can the developers look at putting an option to tick supplier &/or customer on card file. As we deal with alot of customers that are also suppliers and currently need to created two files.