Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Ability to change card type ie. Customer to Supplier

Trusted User

230Posts

137Kudos

3Solutions

230 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand

When entering data say via Spend Money in AccountRight Standard v19 (or less) you can create the card as you go.  I have inadvertently on a number of occasions created a customer card instead of a supplier card, and transactions have been allocated to the card over the years automatically. On occasions I have picked this up and have just change the card-type without a hitch BUT in the 2012 version this cannot be done. I have just picked up another card in my data file that has the incorrect card type but this field is now greyed out.  Can we please be able to alter this field again.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your post and comments. I can understand the inability to change Card Types in the new AccountRight range can be frustrating. We request members to continue voting so our developers can see how many of you would like this change brought about.

33 Comments
Myreeann
Experienced Partner
13 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have just upgraded a Version 19.8 to 2013.5. I did not have 200 customers and one supplier in the original datafile but I do now. 

The Card type changed all by itself on every one of my cards.

This issue has obviously been going on for close to 2 years, how am I supposed to justify to my client (who is not thrilled about moving to 2013 anyway) that there are errors that need to be addressed before we can input any data and this will take additional time - for which they should be invoiced? So, firstly who do we speak to about resolving this problem and secondly who is going to pay for the hours I am going to spend re-inputting every singhle Card file onto 2013.5? 

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Myreeann,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with the recently upgraded file.

While there is an issue in the new AccountRight range that prevents card types from being changed once created, we are yet to come across one where the actual upgrade process has resulted in the card type changing.

In order to test this could you please reopen the pre upgraded file in v19.8, and check the card types are as expected and Optimise and Verify the file then upgrade it to v2013.5.

Please do let us know if issues persist. As we would like to get a copy of the pre upgraded file to be sent in to us for further testing. 

Thank you for your patience with this.

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

jojo25
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

H-
1 Post
Cover User

Re Card Type lock, once a transaction has been entered into Employee instead of Supplier. Can this be changed? And how?

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @H-,

Thank you for your enquiry.

I can see that you are currently registered for AccountRight Premier.

In Premier files you can change the Card type from Employee to Supplier, after deleting all trasactions posted against that card. 

If deleting all transactions is not a viable option, the other option would be to mark the card as Inactive and create a new card with the right Card type. 

Regards,

Suja
MYOB Support

ABVD
1 Post
User

Hi

I cannot understand why the ability to change card type must be blocked. Surely if I have incorrectly indicated a card as customer for a supplier, there would not be any sales to that card in my records, so how can it be difficult to implement this change?

The main reason I have several incorrectly typed cards is because the program added them by default as customers!

Please implement this change!

KKillick
Partner
4 Posts
Partner

I would love to be able to change a customer to a supplier or vice versa.

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would also to be useful to be able to have the same person in there twice i.e. one time for customer, one for supplier.

But this functionality may already exist.

Inverell_Legacy
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree with jimel.  I would like the option to mark some cards as Customers & Suppliers. 
I want to create an electronic payment for the Christmas subsidy which we give to all our beneficiaries (who are set up as Customers) but an electronic payment can only be made to Suppliers.  I am not going to create a new card for every one of our 200 beneficiaries.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Inverell_Legacy 

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea.

You mentioned that you wish to pay customers electronically, Support Note: Paying customer refunds electronically  would be able to assist with that. However as you have already mentioned you would need to create a new supplier card for the customer to pay them electronically. This is due to the fact that only Supplier cards can have banking details for electronic payments.