Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Ability to change card type ie. Customer to Supplier

Trusted User

230Posts

137Kudos

3Solutions

230 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand

When entering data say via Spend Money in AccountRight Standard v19 (or less) you can create the card as you go.  I have inadvertently on a number of occasions created a customer card instead of a supplier card, and transactions have been allocated to the card over the years automatically. On occasions I have picked this up and have just change the card-type without a hitch BUT in the 2012 version this cannot be done. I have just picked up another card in my data file that has the incorrect card type but this field is now greyed out.  Can we please be able to alter this field again.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your post and comments. I can understand the inability to change Card Types in the new AccountRight range can be frustrating. We request members to continue voting so our developers can see how many of you would like this change brought about.

33 Comments
Terry_M
3 Posts
Cover User

I have just written a new card for a supplier and inadvertently saved it as a customer. No transactions have been recorded against the card and I can't change it. This should be an option instead of having to delete the card and start again.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Terry_M 

Thank for you for feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your experience and feedback to the required team.

GPCA
1 Post
Cover User

I also have the problem with suppliers appearing as employees and not being able to change them to a supplier.

Surely it would make sense that if  the card wasnt paid through the payroll module then the a change should be able to be made?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @GPCA

Thank you for your feedback.

When an employee card is setup and recorded they are gained additional information relating to payroll. This does mean that its not a simple process to remove that information as its added to the card during creation. Customer and Supplier cards are a little different as they  don't have this added information. 

manning
Partner
120 Posts
Partner

I have a client that has incorrectly created suppliers as customer cards and now I cant change the card type which means a cant input a default account code for the card.  I have been advised by tech support that we need to create a new card as a supplier to enable a default code, however it means that all the existing transactions will be on the customer card and MYOB wont let me combine a customer card with a supplier card  I would like to see these issues fixed ASAP.

ABRock
5 Posts
User

i'd like to be able to tranfer a personal card type to a customer or supplier etc

Pam60
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Please at least give the ability by a control button if we see this happening, as I have just picked  up a new customer who didnt look when creating the card files, and of course, customers are really suppliers, so this also ends up on the wrong side of the ledger inside the card file!!  Or what about a warning to state that "You are making a payment to a customer card", like all the other warnings that come up?

WorldWideTech
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

Under Consideration??? Just fix it! Something doesnt work, fix it.   Typical MYOB.. "Something Went Wrong" 

SEC
6 Posts
Cover User

I have a number of suppliers who are also customers and VS. It would be so handy to be able to create a customer card from a supplier card etc, without re-entering all detail.

Thanks

AUCKLAND
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

when are the MYOB developers going to fix this?