Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Ability to make a card a customer and supplier

Partner

9Posts

25Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Partner
Australia

Hello,

As some others have said as well, i have both customers and suppliers, there should be an option to tick where a business is both. As most of the information is the same, there could just be an extra tab or two to incorporate the differences and away you go. Alternatively it would be good use the Spend Money to create an EFT payment file to be processed thru the ABA upload to the bank.

Cheers

Simon

"Supplier and Customer combined"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2014

Thanks for the great suggestion. I can see where it would be useful to have a single card for entities that are both customers and suppliers. Anyone else who would like to see this, please cast your vote here.

17 Comments
BBC
2 Posts
Cover User

Hi All

A vast majority of my clients are both suppliers and customers, it is really annoying to have to create separate cards for each , is there anyway around this?

Nat

DuncanS
Ultimate Partner
1,924 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Nat,

I would recommend having seperate cards - remember the cards are only set up once.

Julie_B
Trusted User
230 Posts
Trusted User

Interesting idea, but then I'm thinking that the reporting could get messy.  With other versions it was easy to use the wrong card in error, so if I have a client who is a customer & supplier I often put an (S) at the end of the supplier's card name ... just in case. Smiley Happy

Josie
MYOB Staff
22 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi

It would simplify things if we could have a card for those entities that are both customers and suppliers.  Enabling better tracking of financials. 

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for the great suggestion. I can see where it would be useful to have a single card for entities that are both customers and suppliers. Anyone else who would like to see this, please cast your vote here.

SandraDee
4 Posts
Cover User

We receive payments for sales from customers that also include purchases that we have made from the same company.  We need a system where we can receive the payment for a sales invoice whilst also being able to select a purcahse order for payment for the same supplier.

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Because MYOB is MYOB it is not practical to have a combined bill/ invoice unless there is a new method of treating the GST. On an invoice the GST goes to GST collected, on a bill to GST paid. Combining a bill under an invoice will, under the current setup, not only reduce G1 and 1A it will not affect G11 and 1B. The latter two may not upset the ATO but I am sure they will take a dim view of anyone understating G1 and IA

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ronatbas 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the AccountRight program and combining bill/invoices for GST reporting, I have shared it with the team.

interAccounts
Valued Partner
133 Posts
Valued Partner

I'd also like to see a combined customer/supplier card option available which could help the above issue as well.

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Agree with ronatas.

Perhaps a there could be an option button on the Sales - Receive Payments task bar, for "Enter a purchase from this customer"; that would show-up, if in Setup / Preferences / Sales, there was an option to tick "I make purchases from some of my customers"