Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Address validation

Experienced Partner

25Posts

65Kudos

0Solutions

25 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Often when I set up a new customer on my MYOB system, there is address data missing.  Quite often the postcode needs to be looked up and I either have to go to the Australia Post website or call the customer for full address details.

Most modern systems allow a cascading dropdown list as you type the city or suburb, allowing you to select the appropriate record and pre-populate the remaining address fields.

A further enhancement would be to then link to a Google map to the card address so that when you need to go on a site visit you already have the directions.

I guess this is not on a high priority wish list but this functionality would greatly enhance data integrity and improve workflow.

"Address validation on cards"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select an address from the suggested picker (which will include the postcode) or manually added if not found.

5 Comments
Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Great idea. The little issue is that this software is used all over the world (as far as I know) at least in Australia and New Zealand - no doubt USA as well. It would be hard for it to easily know about all 3 countries and more.

HarryL
Experienced Partner
25 Posts
Experienced Partner

I have worked with ERP systems which are "localised" to suit regional requirements.  In fact MYOB has localised versions for New Zealand and Australia in terms of GST requiremnts.  

So, in terms of adding address validation, I would consider this another "localised" feature which could be added to the functionality.

As I said in my initiasl post, it is probably not a high priority item but certainly possible.

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

YES PLEASE!!!!!  This would definitely speed up entry of new records.  We have a separate servicing database for our servicing department which has this function and I'm very jealous! ;-)

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The AccountRight Browser interface allows users to select an address from the suggested picker (which will include the postcode) or manually added if not found.

SharonSL
Trusted Cover User
179 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We don't use the Web version so this is no help to me...  Would be great to see this in the desktop version please