Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Decrease Synchronise Cards time

Cover User

1Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I just upgraded from the old AccountRightStandardv19 to AccountRight live standard. On my old system I used to sync cards once a day to outlook for the new customers I added each day. For example it did 600 contacts in about 30 seconds. I tried doing it on the upgraded live version and it takes literally hours! Apparently this is normal. Can this be looked at in an update or if not speed up that time, at the very least allow you to select which cards to sync.

"Card sync to outlook ridiculously slow"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for the post. We have found that the Outlook sync function is slower in the new AccountRight range, as compared to our classic versions. Our aim is to continually improve the speed and performance of the new AccountRight range. We are currently working on this in batches. If others would like to see an improvement in this specific function, please vote on this idea and add any relevant comments.

16 Comments
Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for the post. We have found that the Outlook sync function is slower in the new AccountRight range, as compared to our classic versions. Our aim is to continually improve the speed and performance of the new AccountRight range. We are currently working on this in batches. If others would like to see an improvement in this specific function, please vote on this idea and add any relevant comments.
faked58
2 Posts
User

to synch MYOB to Outlook is still ridiculously slow, in 24 hours just 1000 contacts updated. So for me to do all contacts the computer needs to be dedicated (because it can't be done as background)  to the task for two and a half days. So I can't use MYOB for my busioness for over 2 days - this is poor. MYOB wants to get back on the stock exchange and get backing  for a seriously flawed product that used to work well. Back is 2013 this was going to be fixed, 2 years later and what has changed?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @faked58

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and Outlook syncing. I have shared your feedback with the team.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea you would select the + VOTE button to the left of the idea's name.

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

yes please - I too would like to do this regulary - and find it almost impossible.

You could try exporting your customers cards, and importing back into your 19.5 file - to then synch with Outlook from there.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @jenniek

Thank you for your feedback and sharing your possible workaround with the MYOB Community. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

faked58
2 Posts
User

Thank you jenniek for your suggestion. My work around was similar. I exported to CSV file and then imported into Outlook. The only problem was trial and error getting the fields to match so that the correct information on the card was inserted in the same place on Outlook eg first name in MYOB goes to first name in Outlook. The odd thing was that there in no field 1 when doing the import so just use any unwanted field from MYOB as field 1. I will try your idea also. Thanks.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @faked58

Thank you for sharing your possible workaround with the MYOB Community.

In regards to exporting data out of AccountRight, when you export data out AccountRight 201x will add in { } to the first line of the exported file. You may have to manually remove this first line from the exported file to import it into AccountRight v19 or another program. For more information into exporting data from AccountRight please see Help Article: Exporting data

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

- Hi all,

Credit where credit is due - the 19.5 idea came from Michael in support in NZ - great idea and has been a good workaround - however PLEASE myob can we get this sorted! - there is more information goes across to Outlook than what comes in the On the Go App - which is virtually just phone numbers and amount due - I get all my notes etc into Outlook.

Doppelganger
5 Posts
Cover User

This is getting to the point where it is having an adverse impact on my business. The problem has been ignored by MYOB for several years now in spite of numerous complaints.

The export of cards from MYOB cards to Outlook slows down as it progresses until it is so slow it finally stops working usually after 12 - 24 hours. I have 1600 contacts and it is now impossible to synchronise them with Outlook, it just doesn't work.

I suspect no one at MYOB has tried to synchronise this many contacts. If you have only 400 contacts, it is doable even though by the 400th contact the speed is probably 1/10 of that for the first few contacts. It slows down further to less than 1% and eventually stops at about 1100 contacts.

I have the latest MYOB 2015.4 software and Outlook 2016 although this has been a problem for years with different versions of MYOB and Outlook.

Doppelganger
5 Posts
Cover User

I did in the end use the work around but honestly this is beyond many MYOB users I am sure.

I was able to convert the exported CSV customer card data to a table in Excel then filter out inactive cards and those with no email address as I wanted the customer records for posting a newsletter. I then copied and pasted and saved to a csv file and then mapped the fields during import into Outlook.

I've written a word document on the procedure for myself for next time as there is a fair bit to do and I don't deal with spreadsheets much.