Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Employee birthday notification

KLP
Partner
Partner

4Posts

296Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Partner
Australia
New
New

Hi, Would be great if when you logged into MYOB it would tell you if someone has had a birthday.  ie a Juniors pay rate then needs to be changed.  Very frustration when you find out a staff member had a birthday a month agao and you need to then to a back pay for the increased rate of pay.

"employee birthday - PAY UPDATE"

39 Comments
Didge48
2 Posts
User

It would be great if MYOB would remind the operator when an under age employee had birthday so that the wage rates could be changed.

Also whwn an apprentice reached 2nd or 3rd year anniversary.

paulineb
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

You can set MYOB to remind you for Birthdays, etc.  However it wont popup a message box.

Click on the Employee - click Actions > Create new log entry.  Put in your description and the next contact date as the their birthday or when they change to 2nd or 3rd yr.

Then you can go to your to do list and it will show in there.

Alison3357
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have been asking for years for a reminder for employee birthdays and anniversaries

The information is already in their card file and we should not have to enter it into another format

Paula74
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes please add this function.

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

A feature that I think would be very useful to anybody who does payroll... when you go to do a pay run and put in the start and finish date of the pay run, wouldn't it be great if MYOB alerted you that one of your staff had a birthday during the pay period???I would find this particularly useful as a bookkeeper as I do the payroll for several businesses, so don't know the staff personally.  Many businesses employ 'juniors' which means the pay rate needs changing if they have a birthday.  A popup would be so much more useful than having all employee birthdays from several different businesses in my email calendar.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Beach 

Yes this will be useful for clients employing juniors, if there is anyone else that would like this to be considered in a future releases, please comment and click on Vote+ on the idea. 

Annie65
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

YES AWESOME IDEA PLEASE 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Annie65

Thanks for your feedback in regards to this idea.

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE Button to the left of the idea's name.

PBAaccounts
1 Post
Cover User

This is an oustanding idea! It's an absolute pain to update outlook calendar reminders when, MYOB should run a pretty basic pop-up reminder for Birthdays.

Even a simple, integrated 'plug-in' similar to how Wordpress offers, would be handy. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kerryn @KLP

MYOB can be setup to do what you want by using the Contact Log in the Cards.

firstly in Setup / Preferences /  Windows select the option to Display the To Do List when opening.

Capture.JPG

Then open the employee card and open the Contact Log tab.

Capture2.JPG

Now when you open MYOB or click on the TO DO LIST at the bottom of the screen you wiull be reminded of the birthday so you can change ther rate.

Capture3.JPG

you could open it from here and change the recontact date to the next year.

Cheers

David