Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Employee birthday notification

KLP
Partner
Partner

4Posts

296Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Partner
Australia
New
New

Hi, Would be great if when you logged into MYOB it would tell you if someone has had a birthday.  ie a Juniors pay rate then needs to be changed.  Very frustration when you find out a staff member had a birthday a month agao and you need to then to a back pay for the increased rate of pay.

"employee birthday - PAY UPDATE"

39 Comments
Maryke
6 Posts
Cover User

I just put a contact lokg as a reminder and then it comes up on your to do list

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

Yes @Maryke - we could do that... but why on earth has MYOB got a birth date field if they don't actually do anything with it???

Cat_R_S
1 Post
Cover User

It would be useful if you could set a general alert when processing any payroll.  For instance if I have a garnishee order in place or if I need to make a deduction from someones pay for any other reason it would be good if a red flag appears to remind me.

ilovepho
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

A drop down box to select the year of birth instead of clicking back through the years would save time when adding new employees. We had someone start who was born in early 60's so had to go back 50+ years. it's time consuming.

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@ilovephoI'm pretty sure I have always just typed the date in as I would in any other date field. I've never used the dropdown calendar. Hope that helps.

ilovepho
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thanks @HeatherDBS I have tried multiple times. Maybe it's how I've got it setup. I'm not sure why I can't just type in the date. I could do so in the previous version. Thanks for your reply.

VickiS
Experienced Partner
73 Posts
Experienced Partner

You could set a reminder in the Contact Log for that employee with the reminder being the date of their birthday or even in advance of their birthday.

You can also use the Contact Log to remind you to update payroll rates for juniors.

It does, however, require you to be using the ToDo List and check the Contact Log tab regularly.

The ToDo list is an underutilised feature of ARL that most people do not use but it gives you so much information that is necessary for you to review and maybe action such as "who owes you money and how long it has been past the due date", "who you owe money to and if it is overdue, how long", reminders for Employees for birthdays, increase in wages, performance reviews, return of mandatory Payroll forms", "recurring transactions that have not been posted", "stock alert if you are running Inventory".

Try it out.  It is great.  Just need to get into the habit of using it as you open ARL and you can set it to launch when you open ARL in the Preference Settings.

A must use tool.

Beach
Partner
143 Posts
Partner

Thanks @VickiS but the whole point of the thread is that we shouldn't have to use the contact log.  MYOB has all the information it needs without us having to add the information again in the contact log. I have been using MYOB for nearly 20 years as a bookkeeper and know pretty well all the workarounds etc.  As an old fashioned programmer (yes I studied programming back in the 80s) we were taught that the whole idea of computer software is to STOP double handling.  MYOB database has the birthdate etc., so we shouldn't have to re-enter that info into a contact log.

cheers,

Liz

Natalie3121
3 Posts
Cover User

So many of my clients struggle with this as well as birthday alerts for pay rate change. We employ nearly 100 under 21 year olds and it would be a great help to have a notification to change pay rate (and wish them a Happy Birthday), as well as correctly calculate superannuation for them. At the moment I have to manually change the superanuation contribution as MYOB does not taek into account under 18year olds needing to work 30 hours a week. 

maryann1
3 Posts
User