Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Increase Notes field character limit (255)

TLK
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Would love more space in the "Card details" of employees Notes

"Increase size of card notes field"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @TLK. Could anyone else looking for more space in the card notes field, please cast your vote here.

20 Comments
AshleyFurlong
2 Posts
User

Currently we store information that is unique to a card within the 'notes' area in the card details tab.  Is it possible to extend the character length to accommodate a larger volume of notes.

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi Ashley,

Welcome to the MYOB Community Forum.

The 'Notes' in a Card 'Contact Log' is also restricted to a maximum of 255 characters.  It does however provide you now with an opportunity to store an unlimited volume of 255 character notes.

JaneCPCK
8 Posts
Cover User

Trying to find a way to increase the number of characters you can type in the Card File Notes.  Need to keep pay info for many years as an industry requirement and staff being here up to 15 years means I cannot keep all their details on the notes.

Nic-acc-addons
Super Partner
507 Posts
Super Partner

Wouldn't it work to keep backups of MYOB file each year so you know the pay information as at any point in time by simply looking up at the backup file. If you take this approach, it may pay to upgrade all your backups to the latest version to make it easier (but do keep a backup of the originals).

Best of luck.

Nic

ronatbas
Ultimate Partner
4,553 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Are you using Contact Log?

Fiona2012
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

use contact logs. they have increased in capacity over reent versions.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @TLK. Could anyone else looking for more space in the card notes field, please cast your vote here.

Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User
120 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi there,

I would really like there to be more space to write notes in the customer card 'card details' tab.

I find that the space is limited at the moment and it is actually a function I find very useful.

And perhaps a security feature where if the notes are changed a password is required to save them.

But more room is definitely my biggest wish!!!

Thanks

Tania

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

We have different price structures for different clients and the only place we can think to put them is in the notes on their card file but there is not enough room.

Can any more space be added or is there somewhere where we can enter their prices for products in the system somewhere that we are not seeing.

Anet
1 Post
Cover User

I agree, the amount of space currently available can be used rather easily with no other option/space to record further payroll information.