Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Increase Notes field character limit (255)

TLK
Experienced Cover User
Experienced Cover User

13Posts

16Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Would love more space in the "Card details" of employees Notes

"Increase size of card notes field"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @TLK. Could anyone else looking for more space in the card notes field, please cast your vote here.

20 Comments
SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Area is not large enough to take a decent note, specially if employee is never to reemployed.

The reasons should be able to fit in the notes so that the next person can clearly see what happened without hunting for a physical file.

Lions
2 Posts
User

We would also like this option for the Customer card when taking notes in the contact log.

Nightingale1
3 Posts
Cover User

We too need to utilise this field for all Employee notes and the current space available is not adequate. 

Please increase the size of the card notes field.

lindso
Trusted Cover User
117 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is there any progress on this request? The area in the notes field (regardless of whether it is for employees, suppliers or customers) can only fit approximately 43 words, or 255 characters and this is only half of the size of the actual space of the box shown on the screen. There is a HUGE space for a customer's photo and a HUGE amount of space in the "Card Details" tab not even being utilised, yet there is no generous amount of space to record information and there are no other real options to be able to record notes in one place. Yes you can use the contact log but then you have to change the date range and wade through all of the information to find what you are looking for, as opposed to having everything you need right in front of you in one field as soon as you click on it. There's also the issue or purging information and losing the information in the contact log once purged as it is all date based. It's been nearly 4 years that this request has been open...perhaps create a new field for additional notes (as changing the existing notes field would impact on the existing reports which include the notes field)... or have the ability to attach word documents within MYOB so that an external document can hold the notes/information but MYOB only has to be able to save and open the attached document.

FoxHay
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Emloyee Notes Size

FoxHay
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Card List "Employee" Card Details TAB

I have run out of available space in the Employee Notes section of " CARD DETAILS".

Please delimit the number of characters and also perhaps put a "Print Notes" button.

Di64
Trusted Cover User
52 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is there not a better algorithm that can be used for the search feature, of MYOB community/help/new idea?

I typed in     Card Details      as i wanted to see if anyone had posted that the NOTES field of the Cards file are too small and would be great if they could allow more characters.  I end up with every post that had Card or Details.  Sooooo i put in "Card Details" and then ended up with posts that had quotation marks in them.  Makes searching for answers rather frustrating.

Preemarose
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Is it possible to have at least a minimum 500 characters with spaces to be input. Especially in Suppliers and Employee Cards it would be very helpful?
Harley_Beck
Experienced Partner
23 Posts
Experienced Partner

The Notes Field in Card Details will only take 409 characters. It looks like it could take much more, which would be very helpful. It even has a slider on the right indicating it could take more, but I can only type to half the area.

Emlock
1 Post
Cover User

Yes definitely need more space - even its on tab would be better