Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cards: Set a default Invoice Delivery Status (system wide)

Experienced Cover User

45Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

45 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Currently there isn't a preference to set all cards as "To be Emailed" as their default invoice delivery status.

This sounds like a great idea for our AccountRight Idea Exchange. The exchange has been developed for our users to submit their ideas for potential release in a future upgrade. It is monitored by our Product Development team and allows users to comment, vote and submit their own suggestions for product improvement.

Kind Regards, 

Anna
MYOB Client Support

"A preference to set all cards as "To be Emailed" as their default invoice delivery status"
Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Great idea and fits well with other suggestions for creating default card templates. In the meantime, one option that could be useful is the Sales preference to automatically print, email or save invoices when they're recorded. This also works for purchases.

32 Comments
ELC-Leo
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Apprecaite the advice, thanks, David, which I hope might be helpful to someone, though it doesn't apply to this situation.
We don't want to change the invoice delivery method of all exisitng cards. 

We want to change the default invoice delivery method for all NEW cards, so that we don't have to change it manually to "To be Emailed" every time we set up a new customer card.

Even those who use mixed invoice delivery methods would benefit from being able to set the default invoice delivery method for new cards to the method which the majority of their customers use. That way they would only have to change the minority of customers' invoice delivery methods. 

I don't see the down side of this...

CoreyDS
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Agree,

every business is different and for me it would be great to be able to set a system wide default for invoice delivery and also terms.  Currently I have to manually adjust every single customer's settings because our delivery method and terms are not MYOB's default.  As my business primarily handles new and unique clients rather than revolving existing clients having to manually update non-default settings on every new customer creates a lot of extra work...

JillianSimmos
5 Posts
Cover User

This would be a useful thing instead of having to remove them in batches by turning off your printer and then 'printing' them and deleting from the print que or changing every single purchase you enter to 'already printed or sent' - am entering hundreds (250+) purchases every month and this action when multiplied by 250+ is very time consuming!

VoiceX
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

it would be great to also have a method of to be emailed AND printed

Graham_Buckland
1 Post
Cover User

Its a shame that after 8 years this still hasn't been actioned.

@ELC-Leo wrote:

Currently there isn't a preference to set all cards as "To be Emailed" as their default invoice delivery status.

This sounds like a great idea for our AccountRight Idea Exchange. The exchange has been developed for our users to submit their ideas for potential release in a future upgrade. It is monitored by our Product Development team and allows users to comment, vote and submit their own suggestions for product improvement.

Kind Regards, 

Anna
MYOB Client Support

"A preference to set all cards as "To be Emailed" as their default invoice delivery status"

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Myob has been asked to produce some real usefull changes to the basic operation of almost all parts of the sales/purchasing/invetory system for the last 20 plus years and so far 

EXACTLY ZERO 

unless its a pretty graph or pretty useless report for CEOs and CFOs or the Accountant

When MYOb started there were no emails as such and so far they havnt got their heads around using them at the business level regarding invoicing etc 

Its the unfortunate fact of they know BEST about how we run our business and how we should bend our misguided ideas to conform to their vision of how to run a business 

Just a point of view after 28 years of using myob (since 1993) and what was once the cutting edge of  business programs is now at the opposite end 

Just give us a few real game changing HMI (human machine interface ) changes so we can use the data in MYOb to our advantage and not make do with "WORKAROUNDS" to cover for a lack of real understanding of what a wide variety of business require

And that is FLEXIBILITY in the working of the program so we can set it up as WE the OWNERS need it to be

Darryl

LONG term user but seriosly looking for something better unless some real changes are made soon

Kira
2 Posts
User

Currently we are unable to select the default delivery method for all customer files. We instead have to go into each and change from the MYOB default, or we can do an export/import - which I have found causes it's own set of problems that are time consuming to correct. This should not be a hard thing to do. 

MYOB is very out of touch with default setting and the ability for us - the user - to select which default methods work for our particular businesses.

Another example - we are unable to change the default on the file name invoices save as - currently the default is the invoice number - if you require further information you need to add it to each individual invoice as you save it - this is incredibly time consuming and inefficient. How hard can it be to allow your customers to set the defaults on this - many I suspect would like to be able to add the customer name and/or ID #. But no, MYOB is so behind other accounts software in regards to being able to change default setting, that this is yet another feature that has not been added.

Nor is the credit card payment feature available in New Zealand - considering that many banks are not accepting checks and many businesses no longer accept cash this is incredibly short sighted of MYOB not to get this up and running for it's NZ customers also.

Ruth-DST
Experienced User
12 Posts
Experienced User

I too am having difficulty importing changes to customer cards, specifically the "Invoice delivery:" in "Selling Details".  Whenever I import using "A" as the delivery method (ie) "Already Printed or Sent" the import simply changes the status to "To be Printed".  I have tried to import using each of the other status (ie) "B" "P" "E", they work correctly.

Why is the import always so inconsistent with the way it handles perfectly good csv and txt files and do you have a solution for these issues please?

eBookWorx
1 Post
User

The web app is very lacking in being able to change the shipping address for invoicing and requires the same features as the desktop app

jasmin
Experienced Cover User
25 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to set Invoice Delivery default to "To be printed and emailed" for all customer cards.