Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Banking: Change the Automatic Cheque Numbering

JPH
Experienced Partner
Experienced Partner

26Posts

541Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Remove the automatic cheque numbers for every transaction in spend money and payroll.  Most clients use internet banking & EFT these days, so cheques shouldn't be the default option.  If you write a cheque you should manually enter the cheque number in MYOB.

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: October 2012

Thanks for the feedback. We've taken this on board with our upcoming Bank Feeds function which only uses Cheque number when the source is actually a cheque, otherwise we default to EFT. This should save a lot of typing!

163 Comments
Libby2877
1 Post
User

This does not seem to be resolved and it is very frustrating!  Could someone from MYOB please ensure this is done as quickly as possible!! The time I am spending re-entering EFT into the cheque number box is ridiculous!! 

Aly
5 Posts
Cover User

Please increase the digit space in 'Cheque No'.    I use EFT for payments and the reference number is at least 9 digits long.  Why can't this space be unlimited digits?

coombesey
1 Post
User

reference no. would be good to cover all types of payments and our bank users reference numbers of 10 digits.

@Ozkitchens wrote:

Could the name for this be changed to something like Reference No: ?

Also could the length of the Cheque Number be increased to at least 10 digits, as our banking reference number is 10 digits.

Thankyou

JenniJones11
7 Posts
Cover User

This suggestion has been open for 8 years. Frustrating that despite how much we are all paying for this program, highly desired updates, which would increase satisfaction and improve workflow are not actioned on by MYOB.

Very bad customer service.

Ianinfinance
Experienced Cover User
31 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have been going on about this very point to MYOB for many years. No action despite the platitudes.

Kathy2
Experienced User
27 Posts
Experienced User

Thank you for taking this into consideration. I agree a cheque number should not be default. Today's society use minimal cheque transactions. I find the auto check numbers frustrating for payroll as I have to override every employees pay check Auto#. I see the original post is quite old (2012). Has this been rectified yet? I'm hoping there are other default options. 

sheza2
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I look back at how long this issue has been around and am disgusted that MYOB have not done something about this.  Considering cheques are now being fazed out altogether wouldn't you think MYOB would have done something by now. 

SO MYOB what are you doing about this issue of of cheque numbers?

Ozkitchens
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Kathy 2 - I find the autofill for Payroll frustrating too!!!

sheza2 - Couldn't agree more... 2012 and still waiting....................

Maggie99
Partner
15 Posts
Partner

This is brilliant and have suggested this to MYOB on numerous occassions without being acted on by the developers.

Ian_Forsyth
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

It's just lack of will and or ignorance of the fact that nearly nobody uses cheques now. Fortunately for me I have zero clients who write cheques these days so I just let the payroll generate a cheque number as it's never going to be duplicated.

It is so stupid that it hasn't been addressed though for what should be a very simple fix!