Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Cloud: Make AccountRight Live fully browser based

Experienced User

26Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

26 Posts
Experienced User
New Zealand

Hi,

I used to work for ESR. (www.esr.cri.nz ) . They are contracted to the Ministry of Health (as one of their main clients). They originally had a desk top version of EpiSurv (their database / reporting tool so Public Health Services can report and follow up cases and outbreaks of notifiable diseases). While I was at ESR they moved EpiSurv to a web browser application. Note that only the PHS involved (and their approved users) can see the details of their own particular data. (Security is very tight. I understand they have to get through two totally separate servers).

The advantage of all this is that ESR maintains ALL the updates to EpiSurv. The Public Health Services NEVER EVER have to worry about having to update "their" EpiSurv. They no longer have to download any updates to the program at ALL. All they concern themselves about is whether or not they have a good stable internet connection - which ALL businesses, large or very small have to have these days anyway - and definitely not just for accounting purposes.

When is MYOB going to do the same thing as ESR did many years ago and as I understand Xero did a while back? Get with the times MYOB. By FAR the vast majority of people's complaints do seem to be about the troubles they are having updating AccountRight Live.

"Make Account Right Live Fully Web Browser ONLY Based"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.4, users can access their online AccountRight files through a web browser interface.

Find out more about working with AccountRight in your browser.

12 Comments
turman2001
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

As MYOB is supposed to be a Accounting and business management product, it would be good if you could access it via a web browser aswell as the App. This would help with devices such as ipad where MYOB is lacking significantly.

As a business owner, wen i do take a bit of time of it is very difficult to process payroll for instance as i would have to take a computer.

If there was a web browser access i could use my phone or ipad.

Currently, accessability is Accountrights biggest downfall 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.4, users can access their online AccountRight files through a web browser interface.

Find out more about working with AccountRight in your browser.