Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Command Centre: Display

User

4Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
User
Australia

I have just upgraded from v19.7 to v2012 and I have this strange graphical glitch going on, anyone know how to fix it?

Image below

3.JPG

"Visual glitch in AccountRight 2012?"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: August 2013

This glitch has been addressed in our upcoming 2013.3 update, which is due for release in the next weeks. After installing this update AccountRight will display correctly on machines with DPI settings set to 125%. We will continue to work on display issues in future updates.

9 Comments
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Amat,

We have a support note that explains this display issue below.  It is caused when your Windows DPI settings are set above 100%. 

Display issues in AccountRight 2011

We are looking at making AccountRight DPI aware in the future.

AMAT
4 Posts
User

Thanks for your help. Hopefully you guys can make it DPI aware sooner rather than later because now I can hardly read the text on my screen.

Dan_Moulton
40 Posts
Former Staff
This problem can occur if your computers display settings are set above 100%. Resetting to 100% will resolve this display glitch. We plan to make changes in the future to allow for larger display settings. Thanks for the feedback on this issue.
Tazter
Super Partner
666 Posts
Super Partner

Marketing all AR2011/2012 products as DPI Aware would be of tremendous value to all those that use large LCD screens.  Large screens are not going to go disappear so please make DPI Aware Products.

Tazter
Super Partner
666 Posts
Super Partner

It was 10 months ago that the forum was told that this DPI Unawareness was being looked into by MYOB.

Please refer to the post by Barry_C dated 19th October 2011 last edited the same day for confirmation of that fact in this discussion Bugs & annoyances in AccountRight Basics

The issue was originally raised by user d_roc on 17/10/2011 also in that same thread.

It would have been fitting that he was recorded as the 1st user to "vote for this 'New Idea'", but let's face the fact that it is not a 'New Idea' but a clearly defined Issue in the MYOB AR2011/12 Product Collective.

User d_roc made his last post to the Community Forum on 8/5/2012 after getting tired of waiting for DPI Aware to be retro fitted into AccountRight Basics.

MYOB are obviously not interested, so they lose a customer, they don't care; more will follow, after all it is a numbers game. Smiley Wink

Tazter
Super Partner
666 Posts
Super Partner

Hi Will,

You are obviously confused between font size in discussion http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-idea-exchange/small-fonts-amp-window-sizing/idi-p/80225

and

DPI Awareness in this discussion http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-idea-exchange/Visual-glitch-in-AccountRight-2012/idi-p/117...

My idea is not a duplication of an existing idea but more of a plea for MYOB to produce products that are DPI Aware.  So how can it be a duplication?

AccountRight Premier is due for release next year and I for one expect it to be DPI Aware from the start.

It was nearly 12 months ago that a MYOB product manager disclosed to me that it was being planned to retro fit DPI Awareness into AccountRight Basics.

It was with disbelief that MYOB introduced in November last year further DPI Unaware products.

The MYOB product manager to whom I refer has moved on.

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,590 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thank you for your feedback Tony, we appreciate the clear feedback and the time taken for you to provide it. So that our Product Development team can get a clear idea of the interest in this feature change, and can change the software appropriately please add any feedback to do with DPI Awareness to the following thread: http://community.myob.com/t5/AccountRight-idea-exchange/Visual-glitch-in-AccountRight-2012/idi-p/117...
Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

This glitch has been addressed in our upcoming 2013.3 update, which is due for release in the next weeks. After installing this update AccountRight will display correctly on machines with DPI settings set to 125%. We will continue to work on display issues in future updates.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for you feedback. This idea was raised in another thread. This change will be implemented in our upcoming 2013.3 update. You can find out more here: http://community.myob.com/t5/ideas/v2/ideapage/blog-id/AccountRightIdeas/article-id/131