Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Company Information: Increase Company Name field size (255)

Cover User

1Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User

Hello,

It would be good if the Company Name field in the Company Info section would be increased.  At the moment it is only 40 characters, whereas I need 41 characters (and I'm sure there are other business names out there longer than mine).  It would just be nice to not have to abbrievate the name and instead use my entire trading name.  Plus it would save time so that I don't have to manually update any reports by removing fields and adjusting them to txt, etc. 

I did send through a request if there was another way of doing this, but they said no and that I would have to put it in as a development suggestion.

Thanks,

Louise.

"Increase character numbers in the Company Name field"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your suggestion Louise. We're more than happy to look into adding this change to an update. Because suggested are prioritised based on feedback, it would be great to see the community voting to show their support for this idea.

6 Comments
mgcuevas08
1 Post
User

same here, need more six extra characters ..Smiley Mad

Crimewatch
5 Posts
Cover User

We too would like more characters seems very silly to have your company name cut off on all your reports...........Smiley Frustrated

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your suggestion Louise. We're more than happy to look into adding this change to an update. Because suggested are prioritised based on feedback, it would be great to see the community voting to show their support for this idea.
Jinx2014
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Only half of my business name shows up!

ShazC
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I am also having trouble entering a new customer's name on the card file as it a longer than the characters allowed, I need an extra 8 character spaces.

Whitman_M
1 Post
Cover User

Company name wont fit too many characters on Acct Right but okay with using essentials this was put through setup company name