Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Count Inventory: Ability to sort columns

Experienced Cover User

13Posts

23Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

Hi can you please consider the idea of being able to sort the columns in the Count Inventory command.  This would make our stocktaking SO much quicker.

"Count Inventory Column Sort"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2013

Thank you for your post and comments. We can see that being able to sort the Count Inventory list by Items numbers or Item names can make the stock take process a lot easier. While the Count Inventory report can be sorted by Item numbers / names, the actual Count Inventory window cannot currently be sorted. We request others who would like this change to be brought in the program to please vote and add any relevant comments.

11 Comments
Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a major fault, nit being able to sort the Count Inventory by Item name. With over 5000 items to stocktake, you are able to sort the count sheets by name, but not the Count Inventory area. Such a pain!!!!

Jason73
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I totally agree with the above comments. I've spent 15 years in the Purchasing industry and never come across a system that doesn't let you sort you input count alphabetically. THis is a major fault which puts MYOB behind all other systems I have used.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for your post and comments. We can see that being able to sort the Count Inventory list by Items numbers or Item names can make the stock take process a lot easier. While the Count Inventory report can be sorted by Item numbers / names, the actual Count Inventory window cannot currently be sorted. We request others who would like this change to be brought in the program to please vote and add any relevant comments.
Lawrece53
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I requested this improvement 10 years ago and I see these posts go back about a year. When is this request going to be attended to?

InTuneMusic
Experienced Cover User
89 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would like to request this change as well.

Please add an Alpabetical Sort option to the Count Inventory Page

I don't think this will happen any time soon

Just wasted 27 pages of paper printing out an alphabetical list which will help me count on paper, but there is no item number search function to find the item in the count inventory list which means it is completely useless

You wonder why so many people are using Xero ....

Scottys
4 Posts
Cover User

We purchased MYOB 12months ago and have just begun to use the Inventory.

While you are looking at this, we buy our stock from over twenty different suppliers. We have the stock sorted into groups from each of the suppliers so that when we attend a job the relevant stock is taken to perform the repair. These stocks are therefore counted together and stored together. We NEED TO HAVE a way to enter the counts from each of these seperate fields without one mass count.

The current layout is not conducive to stocktaking for a business with multiple suppliers. We are forced to go from one suppliers count to anothers and back again. No one in businesss has this much time to waste. Perhaps you may wish to supply data entry staff for each of us to aid the process.....just a thought.

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

In the Inventory > Count Inventory section, it seems we are unable to sort by anything other than the default (Item Number).

It would be very useful to be able to sort by the "On Hand" field so that any item that we have "On Hand" appears together and in order.

Thanks

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @G_I

The Sort functionality already exists; the image below demonstrates how to do it as a sort has been made by On Hand, then Item No. followed by Item Name

AR Reports - Inventory Count - Sort By On Hand.jpg

G_I
Experienced Partner
42 Posts
Experienced Partner

Thank you TonyLane.

I appreciate your answer, and it is certainly useful, however it's not quite what I was looking for.

I am not looking for a report in this instance. I specifically would like to be able to sort the inventory in the "Command Center > Inventory > Count Inventory"    section. The reason why is because we need to be able to enter the actual count when we are doing a stocktake so that we can then adjust the inventory if necesarry.

Please let me know if this ins't clear.

Thanks,

TonyLane
Ultimate Cover User
2,847 Posts
Ultimate Cover User

Hi @G_I

If you click the Print button on the Count Inventory screen you are able to then click the Sort icon to do the required sort.

Perhaps that is why no functionality exist to sort on the Count Inventory screen. Smiley Happy