Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Bills: Additional fees field

Contributing Cover User

16Posts

70Kudos

0Solutions

16 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

Hi, as we pay many bills via credit card to take advantage of points earning, it would be great if there was a Credit Card Fee box to enter the charge into, similar to the Finance Charge box in the Pay Bills window. This could be linked directly to the bank fees or credit card fee expense account and would save extra processing when paying bills already entered in MYOB (as opposed to a Spend Money transaction). Currently we have to go into the supplier and add a transaction for the value of the cc fee and then go to pay bills and pay it altogether inclusive of the cc fee. A finance charge type of window for a credit card fee would be brilliant! Thanks.

'Credit card fees when paying bills"

Credit card fee window.png
8 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

100% support this idea. I just edit the original bill if it's still in the active month but it's annoying with that period has been locked already.

clarkesofperth
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Great Idea, support this wholeheartedly - becoming more common as companies jump on the bandwagon of passing on their credit card fees.

HDG
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

EXCELLENT IDEA! 

TrudiMelbMem
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User
I know, right?! @HDG . C'mon MYOB, it sounds like an easy thing to do, surely Smiley Happy
HDG
Experienced Cover User
71 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Oh YES PLEASE! We have been asking for this for ages as it's so relevant in this current climate of paying suppliers. 

Surely it wouldn't be a huge fix. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

I reckon we'll all be retired before this is implemented but we can continue dreaming.

TrudiMelbMem
Contributing Cover User
16 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I might have a work around. I point the Finance Charge in Linked Accounts to my CC processing fees expense account and it seems to work. After you've paid something with a credit card fee, enter the full amount and pop the cc fee in the Finance Charge box and it'll create the expense for you. I've only just tested it once and it seemed to work.

Linked account.png

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Thanks @TrudiMelbMem Might give that a go.