Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales/Purchases: Sort/change the order of transactional lines

Cover User

3Posts

44Kudos

0Solutions

3 Posts
Cover User

I would like to be able to sort the items in an invoice (or purchase order) according to item code (or any other field for that matter). This necessary when there are many items in one invoice (or purchase order).

"Item Sorting"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: January 2014

Thank you for your suggestion to have more sorting options inside of your Invoices, we can look into the options for adding this in a future update. Its great to see some votes already from those who would like to see this added in, please remember to add your votes if you'd also like to see this added.

42 Comments
DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Global

We should be getting updates every week or two and they need to divide the changes into a range of areas and keep an equal amount of updayes per area

ie

Accounting

Purchasing

Stockcontrol/Inventory

Sales .

plus others 

So far nearly all the changes have been in the accounting area and as any of us who run and own a business know accounting is only one small part of actually selling a product or service

especially for product sales 

I have over 20,000 line items and it will soon rise to over 30,000

And Myob and the team so far have only been concentrating on accounting and not the rest of the business area which is where the money is made

Its called MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS and so far it hasnt lived up to its name

It started well in 1993 but stalled badly and so far I have seen precious little improvement in user functionality

Darryl

JanetteK
Contributing Partner
13 Posts
Contributing Partner

We need to all vote for this - apparently it is how MYOB decide what to change next!!!

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It sound more like our political system Man Sad

If we vote then we get the illusion of getting them to actually do something but the decision as to what still rests with them 

And there are so many good ideas that the votes get thinned down to such an extent that rarely does any get enough votes to actually get considered 

We need another forum where we can get together as a group regarding a change required and that MYOB then gives an undertaking and a time scale for implementation

So far all we get is " We will refer that to the Team" or "We will look into that" and  10years later still nothing 

It took almost 10 years to get the onscreen field size for the part number to match the actual field size after they increased the allowable size of the Part number

Darryl

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone 

Just jumping into this one to alert new (and existing) users to how we prioritise ideas via this Idea Exchange. Check out Changes to our Idea Exchange pages for those prioritisation processes.

Tannie7484
Experienced User
18 Posts
Experienced User

Where do we find the list of idea changes so we can vote? I cant seem to find them. Thanks.

Global
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Steven,

How about you put the wheels in motion for this please.  Yourself and other MYOB staff have seen this post over the last 7 years+. There are votes for this but as users, we can only do so much. I had a teamviewer meeting with MYOB for a survey and suggestions when the TRAY was proposed a few years ago and I raised this and showed them what was needed. Was advised it would be passed to the developers but nothing happened.

This would be a great feature for MYOB where inventory is concerned.

It is featured in other screens with TABS such as ITEM List, PURCHASE Register and SALES Reg on MYOB but not in SALES or PURCHASES. 

Also Steven, I see you made a comment on another post regarding the same thing in 2017 where you advised the following:

"With the release of AccountRight 2017.1 comes the ability to sort the Auto-Item Items tab of an item and the Build Items window by the column headings. For example, you can sort the Item number alphabetically or sort by quantity in descending order."

Yes, that would also be great on invoices, packing slips or purchase orders, bills.

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We only have 6000 lines but MYOB have even told me that I need to be using there "bigger business" version, however our turnover/staff is that of a small business and I can't justify the $20000.00 + they say we need to spend.  Then....would we be guaranteed it would  work how it should?  I've looked at other programs but don't particually want to move when we know MYOB inside out and upside down.....after 15 years with them since I started my business its hard to change......I'm sure MYOB know that is the same for most of us.  What do we do?

Simon

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Simon/Global
We have in excess of 20,000 line items in our stock system and we are like you self in having been using it for a lot of years ( Since 1993 here)
This used to be the cutting edge of Stock/purchasing/sales for small business’s but it is now not even the handle of the knife yet alone even the back edge
They have not kept up with improvements that make using MYOB for Sales, Purchasing or Stock control truly user friendly and
As computers have improved over time the available memory, speed and operating systems have allowed for vastly greater interconnected information streams and simple web page style hover ( showing more info or a link to important info) . This matching improvement has never happened in MYOB
Over 90% of changes have all been for the accounting side of a business and while that is Important after the event of a sale it does not contribute to generating an income ( which pays all the bills )
Streamlined and effective purchasing with pricing options and supplier options / part catalogue information availability etc save time and money.
User friendly Stock receiving, backorder control and inventory cross referencing also same time and money.
Sales system like purchasing but with its own information stream for sales/customer relations etc.
Case in point
Ability to backorder nonstock lines on a supplier from within the sales screen and have MYOB hold that order until either an Auto Order or a manual order is done for that Supplier and then add it to the order PLUS automatically link it to the Original sales order.Also set a time limit for it to be held in limbo and it advise a designated person when that time limit is reached
When the nonstock Item arrives, the Stock receiving person is advised when they are receiving the item that it is allocated to a sales order and depending on the business model what happens at that point
Options include but is not limited to,
(And all options need to be available for us the users to pick NOT someone who has never run a business like yours)
Stock person can advise sales that it has arrived via internal mail/contact (lots of possibilities)
Stock person can access sales order and advise customer that parts have arrived and advise sales that customer contacted re parts.
Stock person can access sales order and advise customer that parts have arrived and then complete sales order and invoice ( note way more efficient for a small business) and advise sales that sales order completed if necessary.
Im sure there are many more options but so far MYOB has none
After 30 ( Yes THIRTY ) years this program should be the Best of the Best but it is far from it
If anyone (either MYOB or another user) would like to discuss this further please message me and I will supply contact details
Darryl

SimonM1981
Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi Darryl

I'm always up for a chat to discuss options with other business owners.  I'm busy all next week with a big show but after that would be ok to talk.

Simon

KarenLv
1 Post
User

This should be a standard option to be abke to sort a table by different columns.

I have an issue with remittance advices printing in random order instead of supplier invoice order (first column).