Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Date input consistency

Cover User

4Posts

15Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User

HI,

Can I suggest that the date input methodology is made consistent across the application?

When inputting a date in a Form (Invoice or Purchase Order) the date is input using n tab n tab i.e. 1st April 2014 would be entered as 1 <tab> 4 <tab> whereas in Reports it is input using n / n / i.e. 1 / 4 /.

Either use one or the other across the whole application preferably the / methodology.

This is a small but frustrating issue when moving around the application and I don't imagine it would be difficult to correct.

Regards,

Keith

"Date input inconsistency"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020 will allow the user to enter dates using a xx/xx/xxxx method of date entry.

14 Comments
Tony_J
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Using the Dates in the current version of MYOB 2016.2 is frustrating!! There are different entry methods depending on the screens or fields being used. In some cases can enter the dates directly using keystrokes, in most others have to use the drop down box or enter using arrow keys to navigate between dd/mm/yy. These differences have led to incorrect date entries in my client’s files.

Would like to see all the date entry fields in the AR system fixed so that keystroke dates can be used again eg 12/6/16 – this is the traditional method that was always available in MYOB up until recently and is the quickest and most reliable way to enter the dates. The new methods introduced in the current AR products are not an improvement and reiterating inconsistent between various entry screens.

CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Six years since the initial post on this subject and nothing has changed!!  Come on MYOB get your act together.  Users shouldn't have to concentrate on which date input method to use in which part of the program.  I have had situations where I've posted things to the wrong date because of this and it is very time consuming finding the entry.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

AccountRight 2020 will allow the user to enter dates using a xx/xx/xxxx method of date entry.

CNC2065
Experienced Cover User
61 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still no progress on having this changed.  Users shouldn't have to search for entries because dates are mistakenly entered because of the inconsistencies in the software.  Depending on which part of the software you are in, the method of date entry differs.  Please MYOB make date entry consistent throughout the software.