Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I frequently run several Company Data Files in a day, I'm sure this isn't unusual. However a number of my companies have very similar names. I was wondering if there is a setting that will change the background colour or change the colour scheme of the Command Centre to make it easier to differentiate between to company files quickly.

I am running MYOB AccountRight Plus 2011.

Thank you

Jen

"Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files"

57 Comments
Growers
Trusted Cover User
61 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Jason,

Has there been any update to this proposed submission since last month? I believe it would be whole heartedly welcomed by all MYOB users and hope it does proceed to a successful conclusion and implentation.

Greg

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Greg,

Sorry, no update yet. We have flagged it with the development team for their consideration and will let you know when there is a change. The team is constantly working on further improvements to the software and prioritise their work according to the impact on clients and the number of clients affected.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

The_Doc
Ultimate Partner
1,537 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Would be nice to be able to change the colours of MYOB Command Centre and pop ups to suit the user - or however to indicate that the file they have opened is an old version - 

or perhaps - enable text to be written across the front of Command centre giving warnings - pop-up notes perhpas.

Something to enable - warning that you have opened an old file - sure you can lock it - but be nice to enable warning via text popup - colour change - something.

The Doc

Josie
MYOB Staff
22 Posts
MYOB Staff

It would be wonderful to be able to select different background colours - files all look the same when dealing with several business entities

Ravens
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes I agree - this seems like such a simple request.  I also run separate entities simultaneously and it would be of great benefit to customise the different files as different colours so they are instantly recognisable.  (it would also be great to customise the colours of bank registers to differentialte between different cheque accounts and credit card accounts etc.....)

Ravens
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I just noticed that this was originally suggested in 2012 - surely a 2 year turnaround is a little bit ridiculous

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Ravens 

Thanks for your feedback. As much as we would like to implement every idea that clients suggest, unfortunately our development team need to prioritise their work according to client demand and impact. You can see some of the suggestions that we have implemented by clicking on the Implemented link to the left. 

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

LisaR
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi, I too have just tried to google this (what I thought MYOB would have for sure) function. I run 5 separate/related company files every day as well as a historical file and would find this extremely helpful. I have never posted on any blogs before but regard this as a basis request! I don't mean to be rude but I'm really starting to find MYOB getting behind the times and I have always been a MYOB supporter!!

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your feedback @LisaR and welcome to the Community Forum. I hope you find it useful for getting the most from your software. Feel free to post again anytime you need a hand.

All the best,

Jason Hill
Community Manager

JENNIEP
1 Post
Cover User

I have just started using multiple files and would find it very useful.  I see you Jason defending the development team but I have received new updates every year with uselss changes and additons and think if you have the abiltiy to run multiple files then its a no brianer that you should be able to customise them.  I have a knowledge of programming ans know it would not be hard to do.