Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I frequently run several Company Data Files in a day, I'm sure this isn't unusual. However a number of my companies have very similar names. I was wondering if there is a setting that will change the background colour or change the colour scheme of the Command Centre to make it easier to differentiate between to company files quickly.

I am running MYOB AccountRight Plus 2011.

Thank you

Jen

"Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files"

57 Comments
CloudMindAcc
Ultimate Partner
1,949 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Thanks PMO1968  you read my mind I was thinking about this the other day as I too keep posting things in the wrong files if I have more than one open dangerous Smiley Frustrated   Would be good to even be able to change the colour of the MYOB icon on the toolbar so when it is on the toolbar you open the correct one.

DanniM
1 Post
Cover User

We really need different colour screens to tell the difference between company files. When you work with a few different company files each day, it does become confusing and can lead to errors, which are time consuming to fix.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello there,

I agree with all tose who have suggested a better way to identify multiple open files.

I have clients who may have 2, 3 or more different company files open at the same time.

Here are some suggestions -

Have a preference setting to enable a specific background coloued to be selected and applied to the open screens. Perhaps to just the grey outer background.

Capture3.JPG

or - what about a light watermark across the screen? Again turned on in Preferences.

Capture2.JPG

wouyld this be one of those 1% fix jobs?

Cheers

David

Margh
Experienced Cover User
11 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We are running 4 companies which use very similar GL coding so we do have any issue distinguishing the companies when we are in a hurry.

Being able to have them a different colour would make life so much easier.

We use Accountright Standard NZ 2016.3.0

adamf
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

Has there been any progress on the idea of different background colours to idenify different comoany files?

Adam

lastsong
5 Posts
Cover User

Would also like to know if there’s been any progress as the amount of times I type into the wrong company file is ridiculous. 

SarahDixon
MYOB Staff
1 Post
MYOB Staff

How easy would it be to change the background colouring of the main page and/or Command Centre for each company? This would be particularly helpful for Partners, and Clients who have multiple files open at a time to differentiate which files are which so there is no confusion.

LisaCollie
3 Posts
Cover User

This would be so helpful.

Learoy
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB should be able to have a way of being able to distinguish between data files. 

This would be of tremendous help to those who work with multiple files.

Can we please get this done?

Nat0609
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

can this be actioned please, just rolled over FY and payroll year, going back and forth checking, have two screens and still stuff it up.  

different colour would be great.

I use different fonts for different companies but for ease of recognition colour is better