Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I frequently run several Company Data Files in a day, I'm sure this isn't unusual. However a number of my companies have very similar names. I was wondering if there is a setting that will change the background colour or change the colour scheme of the Command Centre to make it easier to differentiate between to company files quickly.

I am running MYOB AccountRight Plus 2011.

Thank you

Jen

"Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files"

57 Comments
Nat0609
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

its in Setup   - Preferences   -  Windows  - then choose window beside the help/spelling at the bottom.

I stumbled on this as an alternative to getting glasses to read the screen! (getting old)

It also helps when printing i can identify who printed it by looking at the font 

I use account right premier v19.15

HOWEVER I STILL WOULD PREFER A CHANGE IN COLOUR SCHEME

IvyMcG
Contributing Partner
12 Posts
Contributing Partner

when having multiple files open at once, that I am checking and entering corresponding items e.g. inter company loans. I would love to be able to change the colour of the borders or anything that would allow me to clearly disinguish between the files. Currently always checking the top left corner to ensure enterin in correct file

BrendanP
1 Post
Cover User

First thing I wanted to do once I started using two companies. Would be great to change the 'skin' of myob to a different colour to distinguish each company easily. 

ALCC
5 Posts
Cover User

Having this feature of changing the display so as to distinguish between multiple company data files could be used as a marketing feature and point of difference for MYOB. This is a feature that a number of Xero users have requested, and though Xero have acknowledged the request it still doesn't seem to have been implemented by them. Definitely worth thinking about, which software house will get there first?

marksmiths13
2 Posts
User

Yes please - changing background colours for different company files would be very useful. Even having the ability to add a small company logo in the top right hand sceen would be a unique feature.

alice_1
1 Post
User

Can we please get this idea going.  It's 7 years later, surely this would be an option now

twoway
1 Post
User

Same problem, it would really help if I could have a different colour for each company

twoway

PattyW17
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Come on MYOB, listen to the consumer! We've been asking for this since 2012, surely it can't be that difficult.  You're happy to take our money (ridiculous amounts of money when we run multiple companies) but not willing to make using your products a little easier for us! 

Munchkin71
1 Post
User

100% agree with this thread - changing background colours for different company files would be extremely useful and/or having the ability to add a company logo in the top right hand sceen to identify said files. Also agree wholeheartedly with PattyW17 that MYOB are happy to take (extort!) an exorbitant amount of money from us on an onging basis now that "sortware licencing" is the norm (remember the days when one could make a one-off purchase of software?), but refuse to make such a basic and easily implemented modification to the program. And we are yet again reduced to mere consumers at the mercy of corporations who don't care about anything except their bottom line.....

NomadChorizo
5 Posts
User

We do the same, and with multiple screens it would help to deferenciate the files clearly.