Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files

Cover User

14Posts

126Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I frequently run several Company Data Files in a day, I'm sure this isn't unusual. However a number of my companies have very similar names. I was wondering if there is a setting that will change the background colour or change the colour scheme of the Command Centre to make it easier to differentiate between to company files quickly.

I am running MYOB AccountRight Plus 2011.

Thank you

Jen

"Distinguishing Multiple Company Data Files"

57 Comments
ericm2
Experienced User
19 Posts
Experienced User

I can't believe this has been going on since 2012 and it's still not implemented.  Surely it cannot be that difficult.

Roborigger
4 Posts
User

I'm also surprised that this thread has been going since 2012 - any chance of this idea being implemented?!

Ursula2
3 Posts
User

I was about to post this question. I work in two companies and it would be so much easier if the background colour was different for each company. This would avoid unnecessary mistakes. 

PattCon
4 Posts
Cover User

We would like to have different colours too to make it easier to choose when working between two companies.

Jessie

jeffrw
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has there been any progress with this request?  To distinguish each company file open to have a different colour scheme?

Jeff

Jodi4
4 Posts
User

Um.... STILL WAITING!! Seriously guys, pull your fingers out and get this basic need sorted. 😠

Earl_HD
MYOB Moderator
3,119 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi ALL,

Thanks for your suggestions and my apologies for the late response. Currently, MYOB AccountRight does not have a built-in feature that allows you to change the background color or customize the color scheme of the Command Centre to differentiate between company files. However, you can still improve your workflow by using these alternative methods:

Rename Company Files: Consider renaming your company files to make them more distinct. This can be done within MYOB AccountRight itself when you open a company file. Give each file a unique and descriptive name so that it's easier to identify.

Customize Your File Icons: Depending on your operating system, you may have the option to customize file icons. You can use this feature to assign unique icons to different company files. This can be a visual aid in distinguishing them quickly.

Create Desktop Shortcuts: Create desktop shortcuts for your frequently used company files. You can then give each shortcut a distinctive name and even assign a different icon to each.

Feel free to post again if you have further queries and one of us will be happy to assist you.
Regards,
Earl