Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Increase font size

Trusted Cover User

272Posts

181Kudos

2Solutions

272 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

109 Comments
rusty192
Trusted Cover User
272 Posts
Trusted Cover User

just checked service pack 4

seems we still go begging for something so basic as being able change the font & size of the window, come on MYOB you have dropped the ball for long enough.

font & window sizes are ridiculously too small, oh yeah & the suggestion from support to resize the resolution size every time I want to use MYOB is such a ludicrus suggestion I can only but laugh!

rusty192
Trusted Cover User
272 Posts
Trusted Cover User

When is MYOB going to make the latest concotion DPI aware????????????????

rusty192
Trusted Cover User
272 Posts
Trusted Cover User

MMMM still no answer maybe they don't know how to make it dpi aware??

Mark_Smith
26 Posts
Former Staff
Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?
Magpie3434
Partner
5 Posts
Partner

I am an accountant using MYOB for 5 clients and its getting to th stage where I want to dump the software and go onto QuickBooks. No problems at all with their software. The fonts in MYOb are so small to see and changing the windows definations does nothing. My eys are so sore from trying to read the data, and other areas of MYOB such as the help screen is so mumbled jumbled its impossible to read - Het guys here we are close to 2013 and your clients are screaming out for help.

I am sure that others have the same problem?? We all pay through our nose for this software and expect something a little better that what we have now

Barry Roper

RoptanBookkeping.

asstevens86
Trusted Cover User
53 Posts
Trusted Cover User

totally agree with the above - I have a large 23 inch screen so that I can have a larger windows font size, and still be able to display a fair amount of info on the screen.  Now that I am restricted to small font size to be able to read MYOB, I am straining to read the detail on the screen.

Marysone
1 Post
Cover User

Has this problem been fixed yet? Very hard on the eyes especially when working with MYOB all day.

asstevens86
Trusted Cover User
53 Posts
Trusted Cover User

hi, have already commented above re: my use on a 23 inch screen.  Please spare a thought for my partner who *WAS* trying to use this on an 11 inch screen!!  needless to say, we've given up.  it is impossible to read fonts that ends up less than 2mm high on this screen (it is windows 8, so we are limited to the Smaller Windows font size, otherwise we lose parts of windows etc - see support note regarding display issues in Accountright 2011 http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/33863/kw/9250 

Now, the whole reason for changing from Quickbooks to MYOB (being the ability to check in and check out files between my partner and myself, for example he checks the file out to take with him whilst on the road servicing, so that he can prepare invoices etc.) is moot - he can't read the screen & therefore has reverted to using yet another app on his ipad to prepare invoices, which I then have to re-enter in to MYOB and hope that he has chosen the correct item code in the app (the app has a product listing, but no inventory management)! 

please, please, please consider (&implement) whatever is necessary so that people can use this software, regardless of the screen size!  The other idiosyncrasies of AR Live 2012/13 (as compared to v19) are workable, but this is just physically impossible to work with.

DeanG
Trusted User
39 Posts
Trusted User

Bring back the option to change the font size, previously in v19 as Setup > preferences > Windows > window button

Allcon
3 Posts
Cover User

Font size way to small MYOB get your system up to scratch

No one wants to make errors in accounting

Make the font size bigger