Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Increase font size

Trusted Cover User

272Posts

181Kudos

2Solutions

272 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

might be ok for younger eye's, spare a thought for the older generation.

Why the hell has the ability to change fonts gone & window sizes. Now the only way to make this stupid program readable is to redoo the screen resolution,

Even MS excel has the ability to zoom, might be time to dump MYOB me thinks!!

"small fonts & window sizing"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2012

Reading the thread I think what this idea is about is making MYOB DPI aware so that the default fonts are readable. Is that right? Could you all please vote on this feature so we can rate it's importance relative to others in the list?

109 Comments
Teddy62
Trusted Cover User
44 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Hi Rusty,

I have problems with the font size too and am frustrated that there is no way around it.  Be careful with adjusting the screen resolution to compensate because when I did this the Business Insights function stopped working (.....got some weird error message because MYOB 2011 is not "DPI aware").  Hopefully you don't get the same problem.  I hope MYOB develop an update to bring back the ability to change font size soon.

Cheers

Teddy

Leeya
MYOB Staff
824 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Rusty

Thank you for the feedback you have provided. I agree that having the ability to change window font size is a handy feature to have and I have passed this onto our Product Development team.

It is possible to change the window sizes (however, I understand this does not enlarge the font size) and have the Windows Setup Preference to "Save Window Sizes and Locations" for future uses. Hopefully, this will make the transaction windows less cluttered and more spread out.

Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner

Hi Leeya

You don't seem to be able to resize the command centre window though.  I use the reduce window size, which brings it down to about 3/4 of a full window, but gives me a scroll bar, which I don't want and I can't resize it using the cursor (all other windows I can eg. spend money, enter bills etc)

There also seems to be a print problem.  In all other versions I have printed my invoices when recorded, I then choose to print 2 in my print preference which has always worked.  This version only prints one no matter how many I tell the printer I want.

I do not want to go through the print/email invoice option after recording my invoice I want to have printing automatic.

Leeya
MYOB Staff
824 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Julie

I apologise, I should have clarified further. The command center is a default window and its size cannot be changed at this point. Most other windows can be enlarged by clicking and dragging the bottom right hand corner of the window.

The printing issue is another one that has been brought to the attention of the Product Development team. They are still testing this one so the fix should developed soon.

Thank you for your patience in this and many other matters relating to the release.

trainer
2 Posts
User

Im not an accountant, and this is my first time using an accounting program. I have been trying to customise my forms and found the font to be too small when printed on A4 paper. I can successfully resize text boxes, change fonts and sizes in all the text field except the box outlined in red as shown in the pic. I can change the size and position but not the font. The font shows as 12pt but when it is actually printed it looks like 8pt.

myob screen print.jpg
Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Trainer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

This issue of not being able to change your font size within tables on customised forms has been identified several times on the forum and is going to be fixed in a coming service pack update. 

Thanks again for your feedback and patience.

rusty192
Trusted Cover User
272 Posts
Trusted Cover User

seems the option to change windows & font sizes has gone begging in this patch/update or am I not looking in the right spot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Rusty,

The list of issues resolved in Service Pack 1 can be found through the below link.

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/myobaustralia.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=33874

The error you are mentioning will be fixed in one of the upcoming Service Packs.

Nettorqy
1 Post
Cover User

I am having real trouble reading the font sizes  and I have a 27 Inch monitor please fix soon it seems to be forgotten

Noel

Leeya
MYOB Staff
824 Posts
MYOB Staff

Hi Noel

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding the window font size being too small to read on a large monitor. I will forward your feedback to our product team. We hope to make AccountRight 2011 products DPI (dot-per-inch) aware so that you can change your Windows DPI settings to suit.