Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Display: Move the file (location) status to the Menu bar

Cover User

10Posts

6Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Cover User
Australia

It is great that AR Live displays the current status of the company file - whether it is online or offline etc.

However that bar takes up precious screen real estate and doesn't play nicely with the way windows display within MYOB.

Could I suggest the bar be moved in line with the menu bar.

I have attached an image of the current bar. It gets in the way of buttons I want to click.

MYOB Status Bar.JPG

And an image of my idea. - the file state or status in the menu bar.

MYOB Menu Bar.png

Thanks. And loving the idea exchange forum

"File Status Bar - Move to menu bar"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2015

Hi @gindi 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the placement of the "company file location bar". 

Currently its designed to be at the bottom of the screen so that users can quickly identify what company file they are working on. However I would encourage others user that would like to see that bar moved to vote and comment if required.

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @gindi 

Thank you for your idea in regards to AccountRight and the placement of the "company file location bar". 

Currently its designed to be at the bottom of the screen so that users can quickly identify what company file they are working on. However I would encourage others user that would like to see that bar moved to vote and comment if required.

gindi
10 Posts
Cover User

And for that overlap in the screenshot when I want to click record, do you have any recommendations on how to avoid it? Is it a matter of me changing screen resolution?

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @gindi 

The minimum resolution recommend is 1024×768 with a lower resolution, you may get overlap like that. But if your resolution is higher, it could also relate to the aspect ratio. If the resolution you are using has an odd aspect ratio, this might cause that sort of overlap. Can you let us know what resolution you are using so that we can look into this for you further.

Regards

Liam

MYOB Support

gindi
10 Posts
Cover User

The resolution I'm using is 1280 x 720. 

I'm using this because although I have a HD laptop screen that can do 1920 x 1080, I find everthing on the screen too small to read.

Would up my resolution and then using that magnification tool work - i.e. in windows 7 you can have your screen at 100%, 125% or 150%?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @gindi 

Generally the screen resolution can plan a part into how AccountRight can look. Also the Windows setting can play a part in overlapping of fields and display issues with AccountRight. While it does work with 150% the display, we would recommend AccountRight being used with 100% or 125%. For more information into display issues please see Support Note: Display issues in the new AccountRight