Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Statements: Email or print option

Experienced Cover User

24Posts

132Kudos

0Solutions

24 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

As a small company the option of printing or emailing statments is a very valuable tool.  However, after emailing the customers who provide you with an email address it would be considerably easier if the same customers did not then appear as an option on the "to be printed" Statement list.  Currently you have to rely on your memory as to whom you have emailed.  So my idea would be to have a default option as to "email or print statements".

"Statements - emailing or  printing option"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2014

Thanks for the great idea Jackie_Welsh. I think the best solution to this would be being able to set delivery status for statements in the customer card file. We would love to hear what others think about this. The best workaround currently would be to setup Identifiers on the customer card, P for print and E for email. This way when going into print/email statements you can filter by identifier.

55 Comments
Dave_D
15 Posts
Cover User

As few users would have a complete list of client email addresses, AR doesn't seem to have the option to flag a statement as 'already printed/emailed' once it has been done within a month period. Or an option to tag a client to 'To be printed' or 'To be emailed' for statements, just you can with invoices.

Thoughts?

Bumper
Partner
50 Posts
Partner

This would save a lot of time. We have some customers we email, some we fax and some we post.

It is really difficult to sort through statements to determine which have been sent out and which haven;t

Currently I am using the Identifiers Tab, but it is far from best solution.

Would really love to see this in the next update.

Robyn1202
Experienced User
15 Posts
Experienced User

I want to be able to email Statements without having to tick each client who has an email address. I have over 1000 customers and about half have email addresses that they wish to receive their invoices and statements by email. When you send the invoices they go to the email addresses but when you send the statements you have to tick each one individually.

Statements
1 Post
User

When some customers have Email addresses and you want to email staements you select the "To be Emailed" tab.

The resultant list shows which customers have an email address and you can select accordingly.

The balance of statements then need to be printed and posted.

But when you select the "To be printed" tab there is no indication of which customers have email addresses making it difficult to select appropriate customers for printed statements.

Simple solution would be that if you selet the "To be Emailed" tab and selected a non email customer that the system would reroute that statement to the default printer.

Simpler option from MYOB perspective would be to use the same "to be emailed" screen which shows who has email addresses when you select the "To be Printed" tab.

PTelford
1 Post
User

Smiley Happy

Hi also if there was a window that opened (after pressing the to be emailed tab) to say that there was no email address on the card would be a time saver

junedyn
2 Posts
User

Some indication on the to be printed list that the customer/supplier has an email address entered into the system would helpful, rather that having to switch back & forth between tabs.

Colleen
Valued Partner
324 Posts
Valued Partner

I am going to vote for this as well but in the interim, you can set up identifiers for Print and Email and then filter on the identifier when you come to Print or Email the statements.   Use the Advanced Filter settings.  

Barry_C
MYOB Staff
2,948 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thanks for the great idea Jackie_Welsh. I think the best solution to this would be being able to set delivery status for statements in the customer card file. We would love to hear what others think about this. The best workaround currently would be to setup Identifiers on the customer card, P for print and E for email. This way when going into print/email statements you can filter by identifier.
jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,910 Posts
Ultimate Partner

I totally agree - MYOB has options on the invoices - why not on the statements?

GazzaA
Experienced Cover User
69 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I would strongly support something being done to remove Statements from the Email or Print list once they have been printed or emailed in the same way Invioces are removed.

Depending on the Days Overdue I send a different covering email message with each Statement. At the present time I need to rely on my memory to ensure all Statements have been sent with the appropriate message.

Very time consuming and not an effective way of handling the distribution of Statements each month end.