Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Use HTML based messages

Experienced Cover User

28Posts

13Kudos

0Solutions

28 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

It would be great to be able to format the message that goes with invoices in HTML format instead of just plain text editor. The way MYOB creates these messages makes them seem like spam or phishing emails to some of our customers. The invoices are always saved as Esale.pdf or similar...in such a way that it isn't immediately clear what the file is to new customers. When I send a normal email I have it edited in HTML format and use my choice of signature and logo...none of this is available in the MYOB message that goes with the invoices. I know how to format and send the invoices without a problem, just that the message format is way behind the 8ball Caryn Hill

"Edit the messaging format in MYOB Account Right desktop version"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: March 2015

Thank you for your suggestion @Caryn-ACES It would certainly give more customisations if HTML format can be used for the default email messages in AccountRight. Any users who also wish to see this function please add your vote and comments.

In the meantime I would suggest setting up your Outlook signature to include desired format and logo, which would also be included when emailing from AccountRight. 

4 Comments
Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

Would it be possible to add HTML email defaults including the ability to add images "like in outlook signatures" to AccountRight Premier 2014.2 as the old plain text emails look terribly out of date and unprofessional.

I believe somewhere else it said the ability is available online, but not on your local PC. I would like to see it available indescriminately and the function to allow you to simply copy and paste your HTML formatted outlook signature straight into the email defaults window and have it display EXACTLY as it did in outlook.

thanks.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your suggestion @Caryn-ACES It would certainly give more customisations if HTML format can be used for the default email messages in AccountRight. Any users who also wish to see this function please add your vote and comments.

In the meantime I would suggest setting up your Outlook signature to include desired format and logo, which would also be included when emailing from AccountRight. 

Caryn-ACES
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

HI CloverQ, 

I already use signatures but to my knowledge, there is no way to include an Outlook default signature on a 3rd party email.  I.e when the email is send by MYOB using Outlook the signature does NOT get included and as far as I know there is no way to get around this....hence the request for MYOB to allow the messaging format to be HTML.  

The issue is with the fact that when it's a 3rd party program (MYOB) sending the email, the message is formatted by the 3rd party program, NOT by Outlook.  Of course, the fact that MYOB ONLY works with Outlook and no other option for emailing doesn't help either.  

Cheers

Caryn

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Caryn-ACES 

Thank you for your additional feedback and input into your idea.

You mentioned that MYOB only works with Outlook, compatibility with additional email programs are something that the development team are looking into for furture releases. This would open up the types of email programs that users can use and therefore have more control of the emails being sent from AccountRight. While we don't have a estimated date for this release it is something that the team are aware of and are looking into for future releases.

In the meantime I would still encourage clients that would like to see this implemented to vote and comment if required.