Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Be able to add a proper CC field to emails

Experienced Partner

72Posts

249Kudos

1Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Guys,

We have a situation where a client needs to email a sales invoice to multiple customer contacts as well as cc it to various internal stakeholders.

The only way you can do this at the moment is by either manually adding all emails to the email field in the contact card (fine for customer email addresses, not for the internal stakeholder ones), or manually checking and changing each email as it goes out to have the right people on it (not effective you have large numbers of customers).

Ideal solution would be adjust 'Email' in the Contact card to be 'Primary email' and have a new field called 'CC Email' which then flows through to the email screens.

Now that 2016.1 has its own email engine, this should be relatively easy to accomplish.

Cheers,

Liam

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

Emailing invoices through the AccountRight Browser interface allows users to add a CC email address (up to 5 per email). This allows the user to include another email address to that email. These addresses are remembered for the next time you email.

39 Comments
Aliglass01
3 Posts
Cover User

I would like to see a CC/BCC field added and also I would like to be able to mailmerge to email addresses rather than a paper letter mail out.

Who even does that any more...

Highland01
1 Post
Cover User

I prefer to send my quotes and invoices out using a personalised email.

the problem is:

1.  The length of email offerred is too short I need longer.

2.  The option of adding an attachment causes my Accountright to close?

3.  I would also like to check how the attachment looks by sending an email to myself so a CC section would be of value in this instance and other instances.

Regards

Linda

FJ2016
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree with the comments made by LiamSmith, Aliglass01 and Highland01.  Adding the ability to send an email to a second recipient would be particularly useful.  I find that I have to apologise to customers that MYOB does not offer this service!  When you have hundreds of customers, it isn't practical or efficient to have to send separate emails via Outlook, after sending an invoice or remittance advice from MYOB.

joncan
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

This would be a great addition as I am continually having difficulty adding a second email address and sending it successfully.

Patto
2 Posts
Cover User

@LiamSmith wrote:

Hi Guys,

We have a situation where a client needs to email a sales invoice to multiple customer contacts as well as cc it to various internal stakeholders.

The only way you can do this at the moment is by either manually adding all emails to the email field in the contact card (fine for customer email addresses, not for the internal stakeholder ones), or manually checking and changing each email as it goes out to have the right people on it (not effective you have large numbers of customers).

Ideal solution would be adjust 'Email' in the Contact card to be 'Primary email' and have a new field called 'CC Email' which then flows through to the email screens.

Now that 2016.1 has its own email engine, this should be relatively easy to accomplish.

Cheers,

Liam

I agree with Liam.  Please add a CC field to Contact Card.

Patto

Patto
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree with Liam.  Please add a CC field to Contact Card.

Patto

joncan
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

This would be a great solution

Thanks

Jon

Yvonnew
4 Posts
Cover User

I agree with Liam. I need to send quotes twice one to the Add 1 email and once to the Add2 email, the system rarely will let the addr2 email stay after you select it, it just reverts back to the add1 email. 

It's a pretty basic requirement.

CPP4110
1 Post
Cover User

I have several customers that I need to send multiple emails to when invoicing and it is very inconvenient not being able to cc people in

johnba
4 Posts
Former Staff

Request to set up multiple email addresses for payslips. The business owner wishes to view employee payslips, so want to default to send to buisness owner when emailing.