Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Be able to add a proper CC field to emails

Experienced Partner

72Posts

249Kudos

1Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

Hi Guys,

We have a situation where a client needs to email a sales invoice to multiple customer contacts as well as cc it to various internal stakeholders.

The only way you can do this at the moment is by either manually adding all emails to the email field in the contact card (fine for customer email addresses, not for the internal stakeholder ones), or manually checking and changing each email as it goes out to have the right people on it (not effective you have large numbers of customers).

Ideal solution would be adjust 'Email' in the Contact card to be 'Primary email' and have a new field called 'CC Email' which then flows through to the email screens.

Now that 2016.1 has its own email engine, this should be relatively easy to accomplish.

Cheers,

Liam

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2023

Hi Everyone

Emailing invoices through the AccountRight Browser interface allows users to add a CC email address (up to 5 per email). This allows the user to include another email address to that email. These addresses are remembered for the next time you email.

39 Comments
Rylea1
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

1.The ability to be able to CC sending emails through myob.

For eg: Sales email to client and their accounts dept. or anybody else that needs to see the same email!

Also more spots for email addresses.

2. The abilty to put more than 1 invoice number in the invoice section on P/O's

Jake_N
MYOB Moderator
1,419 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Rylea1,

I love the idea.

I would like to offer a work around to the first part of your idea that you may not be aware of.

While it is not CC, you are able to add multiple email addresses while on the Print/Email Purchases and the Print/Email Invoices Screens.

I have an example below. Hopefully this makes it easier for you while you are waiting for a status update to this idea.

Untitled.png

Ring
1 Post
Cover User

Yes I totally agree, it would be helpful to be able to have the feature introduced where you can set up an email address to be CC'd into the email as default.

If it helps in the meantime, I believe you can add other email addresses into the card, using a semi-colon to separate the addresses, and then invoices or statements would be sent to all those email addresses.  

Col12345
2 Posts
Cover User

MYOB Essentials has it. Why is it that a more advanced, more expensive MYOB product cannot do it???????

Can someone from MYOB please explain

joncan
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I wish to add my support to this addition to Account Right, I have this issue on a weekly basic and it's a pain in the ...

Regards

Jon

EnergySystems
1 Post
Cover User

We have the same issue, when we send invoices , we must add a minimum of 5 recipients and it is imperitive that they be on the original email. It is really hard to see who is on there on that one line with so much information, and sometimes we have to resend copies to one person only, which means deleting the whole line and manually adding the one person.

It is ver tricky and we should have a CC file in the card file and also when you send it.  

Pru
1 Post
Cover User

Hi, we at APR also have the need to cc people with certain emails and due to email protocol, you normally only send to: the person that needs to action the email and cc: those that are merely FYI.

We strongly endorse the need for a cc: in the email facility please.

SEC
6 Posts
Cover User

This was available in Premier (linked in the background somewhere) but now I am using AR 17 I can only have 1 email address.

sanrap
2 Posts
Cover User

please add the ability to email more receipients

sanrap
2 Posts
Cover User

please add CC for emailing