Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: Read Receipts

Trusted Cover User

292Posts

25Kudos

2Solutions

292 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

We are running AccountRight Premier and our email programme is Microsoft Outlook 2010.  We often email purchase orders to suppliers, and invoices to customers.  

Is there any way to generate a Read Receipt to let me know that the recipient of the sent email has read the email?  

Even if I set this up as default in Microsoft Outlook 2010 settings, it does not generate a Read Receipt if I email through MYOB.  

We are sure that there would be numerous other people that would benefit from this change, if it can be made.

"Email Read Receipts"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the suggestion Kerry. I love the idea, I wonder how many other businesses might benefit from this feature. Let us know if you'd like to see this feature in future.

14 Comments
keeshond4_3
1 Post
Cover User

I would like MYOB to ad the feature of Request a Read Receipt in particular to invoices.

When forwarding MYOB invoices to clients via email there should be a feature to ad request a read receipt to be able to track that it has actually been received by the client.  Currently the only way to do this is to send the invoice to the users computer & then forward to the client with the "request a read receiptt" feature available through Outlook Express.  Knowing that the invoice was received & read by the client is important to business when following up on late payments.  

Geoff_
Ultimate Partner
1,721 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi Kerry

A bit of a problem I must admit however if it were me and I wanted a receipt to my e-mail I would either print off a hard copy and scan it as a PDF and attach it to the e-mail outside of the MYOB program or save as a PDF and attach it to the e-mail created in Outlook 2010.

Not he perfect answer I know but may be a way around your problem.

Just a couple of thoughts

Will_H
MYOB Moderator
2,590 Posts
MYOB Moderator
Thank you for the suggestion Kerry. I love the idea, I wonder how many other businesses might benefit from this feature. Let us know if you'd like to see this feature in future.
Kerry73
1 Post
User

I think this is an awesome idea. I too would like to be able to attach a read receipt to all invoices and statements sent via email. I believe this will alleviate the old excuse "I didnt receive it"

Ids
6 Posts
User

This would be excellent. I have some customers who have either not recieved my invoices or quotes as they have been sent to their junk box/spam & as Kerry73 states it does prevent the 'didn't get it' story. 

AmandaFear
1 Post
Cover User

We would love to see this feature became available in myob, would be very helpful and time saving

Kelly81
Experienced Cover User
260 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Good idea but in practice it doesn't always work. A lot of people have set outlook to "never send read receipts". We sent out thousands of invoices and statements a month and never get told they haven't been received. If there is any doubt we can look in our email and say yes it was sent. Sometimes things do get lost in cyber space but not often.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for all the comments and feedback on both sides of this suggestion. It's great to see this idea encouraging discussion.

Liam_M
3,488 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your comment @AmandaFear If you'd like to see this change implemented, I'd recommend that you also vote for this suggestion. We decide upon and prioritise changes based on the number of votes received on this idea exchange (among other factors).

When making a comment in support of an idea, we'd encourage you to vote for the idea as well. You can do this by making sure that you are logged into the forum, and clicking the purple vote button to the left of the original post.

Peter_C
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

This is an excent idea but you should consider that outlook has 2 options for emails. The first is a simple confirmation that the email got to its destination (Request a delivery receipt) and the second is confirmation that the email was read (request a read receipt).

Some users do set the second option to not respond -see kelly81 who is correct bu tthe first option provides no choice and at least provides some comfort that the email made it to their system.

As out look is not the only email system used by business, it is also an issue for myob programmers to be outlook centric.

A work around for out look users is to take yourself offline and have myob do its email stuff which will generate the emails into your outbox. You can then open each one (a nightmare if lots of emails) and individually insert option for return receipts then send them. This is ok for small batches I would think.

I think myob should have both options availabe (delivery confirmed as well as read receipt).