Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

AccountRight

Email Receipts - Given we've had email longer than MYOB

Cover User

6Posts

55Kudos

1Solutions

6 Posts
Cover User
Australia
New
New

It seems inconceivable to me that after all these years we still can't email receipts after having received a payment.

Enough said.

11 Comments
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

After applying a payment to an invoice I resend it.  The customer has a permanet record of the paid invoice.

Ian Williams

Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User

Is there any kind of update on this?  I can see this response to an email receipt idea that dates back to May 2013:

Capture.JPG

It's been 7 years!  

Currently there are two options. The first is to print receipts, scan and email them - which is a waste of paper and time consuming if you have hundreds of payments.  Or you can email customers an activity statement. I am finding that this is just confusing people as the statement shows every transaction and not just the invoices to which the payment applies.

Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

MYOB why is this still an issue?  The systems provides an email option for Receipts but no actual process.

Is there one and I am missing it?  or not.

Thanks

Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

You can print receipts - print to PDF and then email. It's really not difficult..

6 Posts
Cover User

Yes Nathan, really not difficult and it would be even easier if it was baked into the application.  The fact we can email invoives from within MYOB demonstrates it is in deed possible.  The further development of MYOB can be likened to running a wisk through quick dry cement. 

Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

@HmmmReallyagreed haha!! I can't see that it would be difficult either given the options already available, but yes, it doesn't seem they listen very much!!

Experienced User
23 Posts
Experienced User

Printing any find of customised forms directly to pdf puts lines around the fields which looks terrible. 

These are not field borders, I have tried everything I can think of to get rid of them with no success.

Printing to pdf and emailing might work fine if you only have one or two receipts to send, but not when you have hundreds.

8 Posts
User

@HmmmReally wrote:

It seems inconceivable to me that after all these years we still can't email receipts after having received a payment.

Enough said.

I know, right!? This is utterly ridiculous. 

2 Posts
User

This should be a top priority in my opinion. It's bizarre that it hasn't been implemented yet.

4 Posts
Cover User

Obviously they are not interested in this community forum as a feedback tool, as there is never an official response. This is just so they can pretend to listen and make us think they care.