Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Email: SMTP servers to email

Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

At the moment, my understanding is that MYOB relies on MAPI to send e'mails and if you are using an e'mail that does not use MAPI API's you have to save reports as, say PDF, and manually send by e'mail.

As a user who chooses not to use Outlook for various reasons, I set up the MAPI settings in Windows Control Panel, but still MYOB does not send my e'mails.

Could someone please explain why MYOB will not allow me to enter my SMTP settings and connect to my mail server with alternative APIs - such as the CDO set?

Supporting only MAPI appears to be very restrictive to users who need to use software other than Outlook and must create more support calls than is necessary - not to mention unhappy users.

Thanks.

"Please can we use SMTP servers to send e'mails from MYOB"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: January 2017

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.1, the primary focus has been on the Online Emailing capabilities. This features enables users to send emails directly from their company file in the cloud without the need of a desktop email program. Another advantage of online emailing is the ability to view and track invoices using PayDirect Online.

At this stage we don’t have any immediate plans to investigate other email systems in future AccountRight products. Therefore this particular idea has been marked as ‘Maybe Later’ as something that we may revisit in the future but are will not be actively considering at the moment.

Thank you for showing your support and voting for this idea.

18 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

We are currently in development of an enhancement to the emailing out of AccountRight. This will allow for a larger ranges of the email programs to be able to be used.

Cooee
2 Posts
User
If you stick with MAPI, could you please consider including Mozilla Thunderbird as a supported email client? It is a free email client offered by Mozilla with MAPI support.
AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Cooee 

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird and it is working perfectly with AccountRight Live.

Regards,

Alan

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @AlanT 

Currently Thunderbird is not supported by MYOB, however some clients have gotten this to work.

Regards,

Kat

Daveyw76
13 Posts
User

It looks like they may have solved for this problem.  

http://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Set+up+AccountRight+to+send+emails

I fear for me, it's a case of too little too late.

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

@Daveyw76

@KattC

@Steven_M

Hi David,

Actually they have not done what was requested at all.

Yes, you don't have to use your email client any longer, but you now have to have a current subscription and have your data file on the cloud.

All that was requested was that we be able to use the SMTP method to send emails.

While there are some nice features in the new option, it does not help those who can't or don't want to put their data on the cloud.

It looks like it is too late for some of my clients also.

Regards,

Alan

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Daveyw76 and @AlanT,

Thank you very much for your feedback. As of v2016.1, we are proud to announce that the ability to e-mail straight from AccountRight has been implemented. We do believe this is a great feature to have introduced for clients who are unable to use a MAPI-compliant e-mailing application.

You are correct in that the ability to use this feature does come with it a few criteria that need to be met (e.g. online storage of datafiles) - this is so that we can ensure we are providing the user experience we want to deliver to our clients.

Having said that, we are always looking for different ways to better our product, and as we are aware there are some clients who do not have the files online, we do encourage clients to keep voting and commenting for the ability for AccountRight to utilize non-MAPI compliant emailing applications.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2016.1, the primary focus has been on the Online Emailing capabilities. This features enables users to send emails directly from their company file in the cloud without the need of a desktop email program. Another advantage of online emailing is the ability to view and track invoices using PayDirect Online.

At this stage we don’t have any immediate plans to investigate other email systems in future AccountRight products. Therefore this particular idea has been marked as ‘Maybe Later’ as something that we may revisit in the future but are will not be actively considering at the moment.

Thank you for showing your support and voting for this idea.